Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my first post on here, so here goes.
I ordered 115 feline mistral in pearlescent white on 8/7 with a estimated delivery on the 9/9.
Spoke to dealer today to be told it won't be here for the 9/9 but they can't give me a new date, how do i find out my build date and is there any other way to get a new delivery date.
thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
The dealer can check the build date by looking on the ordering system- no other way. You can't get any indication of the deliverydate until the build date is known.

I ordered mine a few days after you and its in the UK now. Just waiting for some money to clear (no way I'm gonna be finance oj any object smaller than a house) then I'll pay the balance and pick her up. Not going to be driving it much myself - I've got a V8 Discovery - so I'm pretty relaxed about the exact date I collect it.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nitrams, firstly Welcome! Secondly, you are not alone, I ordered mine 6/6 and have had my build date delayed twice. Current build date is 22/9 with mid October delivery! I won't hold my breathe! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies I will contact dealer and ask him for a build date. It would just be good to have an idea as to when I can pick it up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the waiting room

I ordered mine about 10 days after yours and i am also for a mid to late October delivery.

Jinxx

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ordered mine just before jinx and its been in the countryside last week. I would suggest perhaps some dealer haven't been logging the orders as expeditiously as they should...

·
Registered
7 Posts
nitrams19 said:
Hi all my first post on here, so here goes.
I ordered 115 feline mistral in pearlescent white on 8/7 with a estimated delivery on the 9/9.
Spoke to dealer today to be told it won't be here for the 9/9 but they can't give me a new date, how do i find out my build date and is there any other way to get a new delivery date.
thanks 
The dealer can submit an enquiry to distribution team at HQ for a further update on the build date. Can't see myself why they can't give you a date, the system is updated regularly. If the Feline was a new build (ie not in yet built), it's normally 12 weeks for delivery. If the dealer gave you a build date, that should mean they'd already started that variant of the model.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer has said build date is september so should get it october but I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone who ordered a Feline Mistralat the start of August been given a build date yet? Im expecting Oct butas of yet this hasn't been confirmed.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This may or may not be helpful but I ordered my Feline Mistral in June for an early September delivery (I was originally told that it would have been available early August but I put it off until September).I was told yesterday that it is in France en route to Calais now.

I am currently expecting delivery to me during the week after next. Edited by: burty

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So mine might not be to far away
ordered early july.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The extra delay has been caused by the factory shutdown for the Summer holidays, otherwise you would have received your new car.

Production is increasing due to new lines opening in order to satisfy demand.

Even more orders will probably now be placed after the Auto Express comparison test between the Renault Captur, Nissan Juke and Peugeot 2008.

Overall the Peugeot 2008 scored 4 out of 5 stars putting it first with the Captur getting 3 stars and second place. The Juke also got 3 stars but ended in third place.

Maybe the comparison in the future will be against the 2008 rather than the Juke.

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Apparently Peugeot have been taken by surprise by the demand. I am told that the 2008 is selling well in Germany even, which is traditionally not a strong market for Peugeot. I understand that extra shifts have been added at the factory to increase output and I was told that dealers are being restricted on cars for the showroom as Peugeot want to satisfy sales first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went into dealers this morning and was told my order has a build date 9th October so should hopefully get delivery end of October early November. Works out well as its after my holidays so wont be stuck in airport car park.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I went into dealership yesterday and all I was told was it is currently being built, even though the computer said October build

Today, I received a call to say it is in consignment. And apparently it will arrive in 2 weeks.

Not sure how much of that I believe, but lets us watch this space. And if they are right, then i'll be very happy, but I am sceptical unfortunately

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts