Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Build time

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Mac2008 
#1 ·
So then, just how many hours does it take to build a 2008.

My build date is 26th July (this Friday).

I've ordered several extra's.

Does the build time start from the first pressing of the very first panel or doI assume the full body style painted in Bianca White, complete with glass roof and holes for the Park Assist, arrives at the first station. Then they have to add the Engine/Transmission assembly, Suspension, Leather Seats, Leather fascia, electrics for the Sat Nav, SOS and the Park Assist.

All of those extra components will be pre-selected to arrive at a suitable work station at the precise time that my car gets there.

If they start at 07:00 on Friday when does my finished car actually get driven off the final stage?

Edited by: allan40alt

See less See more
#2 ·
They assemble them from large sub-assemblies. Engine and gearbox go in as one from underneath, the dash goesninas. a.complete assembly with instruments, airbags, stereo etc already fitted.

#4 ·
The 4007 that I'm trading in passed its first MOT with no advisories this morning, so I'm pleased I didn't have to spend owt. All ready to trade in now.

#6 ·
Great to read your car is 'on the way'
Please could you remind me when you ordered it? (I can't find that in previous posts).

I paid my deposit just over 5 weeks ago, I know they may not be built 'in order', but it would make an interesting comparison for me.

Edited by: Itsi

#7 ·
i asked my salesman today about build times and delivery dates and he shown me the system which gives estimates on build times and he said the 2008 is just showing nothing which he finds very strange.

#8 ·
I ordered mine on 22nd June.

On the order my 'Reg Date' is shown as 20.09.2013 but that was before he got the 'Build Date'.

When he called to advise me he also added that they were now expecting delivery mid August.

Al.

#9 ·
I've just been down to my dealer and he said my 'Build Date' had changed (it was supposed to be today!!).

In fact, my car is already built and is currently in Calais waiting for shipment to England. Whoop Whoop!!

They are expecting delivery to them around 10th-14th August.

It will take about a week to complete the cherished number transfer and they can then deliver it to me (for garaging until 1st Sept) around the third week of August providing my Insurance Company will agree to it (as it won't be road legal until 1st Sept).

Right then, I'm on the phone to my insurers.

....just got off the phone to my insurers and they can only insure my car as from the 1st September when it becomes 'road legal'.

I'll have to sort something out with the dealer regarding delivery and security....I'll probably garage it and remove the wheels to keep in my bedroom!

Edited by: allan40alt

#10 ·
Just been to dealer as he asked for my insurance certificate. Yep I pick it up Friday. Arrived at dealer today. I was told that if you order now they are being told to advise customers that November will be the expected delivery.

Mac

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.