Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. Ordered my Peugeot 2008 urban cross 8 weeks ago after no contact from the dealer I decided to pop in today to speak with them as they assured me it would take no longer than 6 weeks to be delivered. Asking (me- politely) ( wife- not so politely) how much longer it would take I was told it wasn't even built yet with a build date of 10th July to be delivered at the end of the month!! Does anyone know if this is a accurate timescale or was it just a fob off!!?? Should I be asking for something extra to be thrown in as they didn't keep to their original date??
Should be one of the first to have the special edition in the UK so excited to get this car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi,

I ordered my 2008 (the new 130bhp petrol engine which was released at the same time as your car) on 5 May . I was told to expect it to be about 3 months as Peugeot weren't starting production until June. In mid-June my dealership called to say that the car was expected into the country at the end of June and I then received a call on 26th June to say that it had just turned up at the dealership (they were surprised to say the least).

I don't think that you can criticise the dealership too much for getting their dates wrong as it is often guesswork when the order is placed (although 6 weeks seems very optimistic to me). However, without doubt the dealership should have been in regular contact with you to give you frequent updates. Good feedback to Peugeot is EXTREMELY important to a dealership and I would use this to your advantage. My dealership was desperate for me to award them the highest rating so they agreed to give me extra petrol, mats and some Peugeot merchandise for my 10 year old in return for me agreeing to tell Peugeot how great they are. We all came away happy.

Hope it all goes well. I've done 300 miles in mine now and I love it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts