Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dealer let me know yesterday my car is built and awaiting shipment to blighty
White Allure with a 6 speed g/box bluehdi 120hp. Only a few weeks to go sp roll on

·
Registered
284 Posts
Snap! I heard yesterday that mine (1.2l130 Allure, also a 6 speed g/box) is built and is Belgium. They said it should arrive "at the end of the month". I'm hoping that in 2 weeks I'll be driving it

·
Registered
506 Posts
What are you two like.

The last time I saw that much excitement was on a Xmas morning.

Well done, lets hope they get to you alright. Of course you know what the problem is the ferries that Peugeot use coming out of Calais or Dunkirk from the Belgian Depots , they are those old tug boat types.

You know the ones, they sink if they hit a row boat in mid channel with loss of all the cargo. Or another problem is that customs impound all the cargo because they fear that its full of illegal immigrants sneaking across.

We had a similar issue last year, what should have been a delivery date Mid march, ended up mid august and the 14 plates were due to be changed two weeks later to 64 plates. gutted.

Enjoy

·
Registered
284 Posts
La la la.... I'm not listening to you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right ho nice to have such a positive note lol
still looking forward to getting it, by the way I'm no youngster at 72 I'm allowed to get a bit excited over a car and the technology on these modern cars. I can still remember, running boards, headlights mounted on the mud guards, indicators that came out of the pillars with a small bulb, and we still had to learn hand signals to give from your car and what they meant comming from a bobby on traffic duty so please allow me a bit of excitement love to ya all.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've still got one of those cars, its an MGF (MG Rover), can I get the dealer to carry out a repair under warranty, something about they've gone bust!!

Those were the days when a warranty lasted as long as it took you to get it off the car park.

Great days and great fun. I remember them well.

Guys you enjoy your moment of fun, and accept my apologies for poking fun over the delivery and ferries. I would still check the boot and paperwork in case you've inherited / adopted a passenger.

Enjoy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no worries uncletone I like a good P**s take, I also remember no heating, let alone A/C, and starting handle, really a must have in winter when the no good batteries let you down. Changing both Oil and Tyres from Summer to winter grade and back, headlamps the let you see a few yards at best, the romance of old fashioned motoring not all it's cracked up to be, nice talking to you TTFN

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine is in the country and will arrive at my dealership on Wednesday. Unfortunately I can't pick it up until Saturday (4th) - bloomin' work commitments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Which country Kate?

Did you read the extract from the French Herald yesterday relating to the strike at Calais Port.

Apparently because they refused to load and unload, some of the deliveries destined for the UK never made it. And if you saw the photos of all those guys jumping in the back of wagons etc, it would appear that they were also gaining access to the vehicle transporters and hiding out in cars.

The authorities have had to take measures and all the transporters are being checked to see if there are any stowaways thus delaying delivery of said vehicles.

If yours did get thro I would be checking the boot for any additional passengers and any *** ends and McDonald Wrappers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I picked my car up yesterday ! Got a phone call from the dealership on Friday morning to say that it had (unexpectedly) arrived so we arranged collection yesterday afternoon. Got there and it was gift wrapped in the show room with my name on it (which my 10 year old Daughter thought was "awesome")!

The car came via Belgium. It is the new petrol engine (130bhp), it took 7 and a half weeks from ordering to delivery. Considering it was a factory order (I added heated seats) I'm quite amazed.

The technology in the car is a little daunting (I'm going to spend this afternoon going through the manuals) but it is great to drive (it certainly has power). The brakes are very sharp (I'm getting used to them) !

Did you collect yours on Friday uncletone? Are you both happy with it? (glad you're still around by the way ˜‹)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad you got it and yes we do like it, it does have a lot of kit, but great once you get your head around it.

Go and enjoy with your family.

And yes I'm glad to be here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts