Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With several bulbs swapped to LED I hope this little 'Link' post will help you find and read about exchanging your old style bulbs to modern LED.

LEDs have the benefit of consuming less energy and produce a brighter light. You can also get coloured LEDs.

Boot light bulb swapped to LED

Reverse & Rear Fog light to LEDs

Footwell bulbs swapped to LED

Front Turn Indicator changed to LED

Rear Turn Indicator changed to LED

Stop light bulbs swapped to LED

Number Plate bulbs swapped to LED

Changing front foglamp/directional lamps

In addition to the LED swaps we also briefly covered changing the OEM Dipped and Main Beam bulbs for improved ones:

Upgrading Dipped/Main Beam

Some of these Threads run into several pages so if you want to see the latest LED alternative suggestion then you may wish to start at the last page and work your way forwards.

Some of these Threads also show 'How To' access the bulb in order to fit the new replacement LED.

I was going to list the suggested LED above but these are constantly being sourced and tested and, therefore, being updated. It may therefore be better to keep the info within the specific Thread for that particular alternative.

If anyone spots anything that is incorrect will they please advise ASAP!

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks Alan, I am getting my car in 10 days time so have already stocked up on a few LEDs ready for its arrival! Usefull to see all the threads in one place as it was getting confusing! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great threads & really useful info - thanks Allan. I've ordered LEDs for the number plate, boot and blue ones for the footwells.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks again for all the instructions Allan. I swapped the bulbs on the number plate, boot and footwells no problem at all. I might venture on to the stop lights & rear indicators next.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PSX-24W is available in an LED but I don't think they are legal for road use here in the UK.

They may be OK where you are but I would suggest you confirm this before changing.

Al.

PS: Have a look at the difference here though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-y0uwA3gL8

·
Registered
153 Posts
Today I replaced the numberplate (x2), boot (x1) and floor (x2) LEDs. Very satisfied; the blue ambience when you open the door is striking.

My only comments for anyone trying to change the bulbs are the following:

1. The front floor lights go out after a few seconds. It took me some time to realise this (initially I thought the second LED is was broken).
2. In order to remove the original bulbs without shorting anything or burning yourself, wrap some electrical tape around a small flat tipped screwdriver and use this as a levering tool to remove the existing bulb.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have now fitted the LED lights as mentioned by Al (ordered them last year), boot,foot wells and number plate bulbs took a total of 20 minutes to do all of them...really simple job.

Foot well lights look rather good at night i have to say...goes really well with the blue led lighting in the roof and around the dials.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi,
Fog is PSX24W...how about corning lights? Seems to be in same compartment as the fog lights...but bulbs are in a side...? Am I right? they are same code PSX24W too?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is one bulb each side.

They operate as both fog and cornering/turning lights.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there a problem with the first 'Boot Light' link in the OP, as it doesn't display properly (in Windows 8.1) for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've replaced the link and it now works OK.

Thanks for letting me know.

Al.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are there no canbus issues around replacing incandescent globes with led?
There were apparently with my old (px on 2008) Skoda Yeti.
If not I'm in-like-Flynn ))))

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
None at all in my 2008 Allure.....or in my 2015 308 Allure.....providing you go for the ones I've tested.
If I'd have had any problems thenI would have reported them so no worries.

Cost me a small fortune testing these.......

Al.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks Allan
Is it as per your list I read in the 2008 technical section?.
Mines a 7/2015 build.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have a look at the first post in this thread and choose one to look at to test on your car.
I can't see them causing any problems as they are canbus LEDs.

You can read some more details on my 308 thread as wel. Many LEDs are the same - BUT NOT ALL!! (reversing lights for instance are different in the 308!!)

See here: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-44/led-suggestions-156505/

Check your manual for the correct cap fittingin your model.

Al.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks again allan
Seems I need an Australian distributor also and being under warranty I don't want to give them the impression it's been modded.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Read somewhere amongst these threads that the interior map reading/rear light are factory sealed units. I managed today to remove the rear successfully and dismantle the unit to replace the bulb granted I do not believe bulb replacement for this unit is covered in the manual. It was fiddly and I only had blue led t10 bulbs so will post a how to when I get some white LEDs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts