Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been over my new 308 for about the 6th time.
That Meguiar's Ultimate Wax sure does bring out the shine, even on my Bianca white:

now that's what I reckon is a good reflection on my Bianca White bonnet.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looks great Alan and well worth the effort.

I know what you mean about the Megs, been using most of their products for years, including the Trade Stuff.

The Ultimate Range is good but I still have a few soft spots for some of the older stuff.

I'll be doing madams new acquisition her Bianca White 2008 shortly. Foam Spray, Clay Bar, Paint Cleaner, Ultimate Polish, NXT Wax to finish the exterior. Same with the wheels clean polish wax and Endurance Gel for the tyres.

I don't know what the dealer has used for the interior plastics but when we collected the car on Friday all the trim was shiny and greasy. We suffered yesterday in with the sun down here in the Sunshine State with reflections. That will be the first thing to be remedied. Along with the windows, the amount of grease and muck was terrible. It looked clean until you hit direct sunlight.

But carry on the good work

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He he; busy times ahead then.

Must admit I have used Meguiar's Gold Class a lot in the past and two coats also went onto my new 308 in between the Ultimate wax.

Meguiar's Endurance is probably the best tyre dressing ever. I use one of their applicators and the results seem to last for weeks.

Alot of interior trim dressings leave an oily finish but Meguiar's do a Natural Shine Protectant that doesn't leave an oily finish. If you want a shinier finish without the greasy feel then they do a Supreme Shine.

Personally I like the Natural Shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1pe5JXqN1o

Here's my wife's 13 year old 206. that's had the Gold Class treatment + many other Meguiar's products applied over that time.

Al.

PS: You may also like these pads for restoring the trim:
http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/meguiars-ultimate-black-pads_topic873.html#.VZAPBJVwbIU

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
506 Posts
Me too, its was the best thing they brought out for interior trim For the external stuff I still use their Ultimate Protectant for all the vinyl/plastic stuff.

I buy a lot of stuff from their Detailer's Range lasts longer, shampoo and window concentrate all good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts