Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so I have my build date for 20 Dec but want to change the colour from nimbus grey to nera black has anyone else done this & is it possible? Just rang the dealer but my salesman is not in until Monday & they can't tell me. I know it might delay it further but looking on the gallery prefer the black
Edited by: lizzieb

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I added an item but prior to my build date.

I think that once you have a build date everything is scheduled to arrive at each given assembly area at the precise time that your car arrives there in it's varying stage of assembly.

It may be that a fresh order has to be placed but I'm amazed that the Manager at the Dealership couldn't advise you.

Personally I think the Nimbus Grey is a great choice and will be a better, and easier, colour to take care of.

Nera Black is nice though, but my choice would be the Nimbus Grey (after White, of course
).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi Lizzie,

You can change your mind on the colour, however you WILL go to the back of the queue.

That will be another 12 weeks wait.

If you can deal with that without getting too upset or frustrated about build dates and waiting times then go ahead.

Either colour you will be very pleased.

Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand i will have to wait but my build date isnt till just before xmas & i cant see me gtg it till late jan anyway so im prepared for the wait!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fair enough,

Be prepared for March delivery then and get the new registration.

But think about it is Black really worth the additional wait time?

Good luck with your decision. It's a toughie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Order changed & looks like march delivery which im ok about as it was my decision. Anyway they are still getting mine into the dealers so anyone looking for the 1.2 allure in nimbus grey with sunroof then go get it january!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

It seems very strange that an order can't be changed before a build date without going to the back of the queue, I know they needs to pre-plan and all that but c'mon.

-Sam

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know what you mean Sam, I tried to amend my order before it was built and I was told the same think.

It is a bit odd in this day and age.

Anyway, its really exciting whatever colour you opt for in the end.

I'll leave you some custard creams in the waiting room Lizzie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know but i understand its my change & jin could you leave sum jaffa cakes instead ha ha sam its all the waiting that has made me change my mind!! Just had to have new brakes on my car so at least i will get my wear out of them

·
Registered
311 Posts
lol, Jaffa cakes it is. Hey you might even be able to get the more efficient engine come March, now i am jealous

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Y are they changing it? I'm not very car savvy with all the techno bit I just went for the cheap car tax coz I've got a focus at the moment & its nearly £200 a year!! Plus I needed a big boot to fit twin buggy in I'm such a woman
think my dealer was shocked when I said I was OK with the wait he said it shud be a Jan build I nearly fell over laughing yeah right!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts