Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is probably a really stupid question but I don't want to break the mirrors by forcing them! How do you manually retract the mirrors so that they DO NOT open out when you open the car - I need to retract them to get the car in the garage and if I then open the car and the mirrors fold out I won't be able to get the car out!
Thanks and apologies for my stupidity!

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's the switch above the right hand left hand front mirror switches.
With it centred push the down arrow on the switch.
To return the mirrors to the open position- press it again.

Ken

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You will need to turn the automatic folding off, otherwise all that will happen after you manually retract them is they will open again the next time you unlock the car.

To turn it off pull back the mirror switch and hold it for about 3 seconds (I think there is some audible tone or display message as well).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.Ive bought a second hand PEUGEOT 308 which was new in 2008.The wing mirrors are in the out position but i wonder if i am able to fold them in manually,or is there a button i can press that does it electronically.Regards Dawn.

·
Registered
350 Posts
ronndonny

If your mirrors are manual (no electrical operation) then they can just be folded in manually from the outside...usually when parking in areas where they may get knocked by passersby, cyclists or traffic.

I don't believe that a 12yr old car so low down in the range as a 308 would have electrical operation (my girlfriends 2009 308 sport doesn't) but could be wrong :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
If your mirrors are manual (no electrical operation) then they can just be folded in manually from the outside...usually when parking in areas where they may get knocked by passersby, cyclists or traffic.

Re folding the wing mirror manually, would this affect what's happened to my temperature sensor (not working as it should)? When I leave mine on the road outside the property here, because it's a fairly narrow cul de sac with trucks belting past, I fold the driver's side wing manually. Just a possibility?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Whip

I'd not have thought so, typically temperature sensors are normally located at the front of most cars behind the front bumper IIRC, i've never heard of them being fitted in wing mirrors.

Incidentally does your ar have air-con?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts