Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the name suggests, has anyone got any "can't live without" accessories they would like to share? reviews/thoughts? anything people should steer away from or your not impressed with??

so far i think iv'e got a pretty good "quiver" lined up in the spare room ready lol but you never know there might be something I've not thought about and this thread may provide a good reference for those looking to buy little extras for their new cars.

feel free to post photos where necessary, a photo paints a thousand words and all that

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The rear bumper trim is essential.

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/may-i-present-the-feline-mistral-black-edition_topic248_page4.htmlEdited by: burty

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully mines already fitted! and yeh i agree metal absorbs dog claws far better than plastic lol and it looks pretty damn good to

burty i see in your sig you have the high level net what's that like?? i gave it a miss when ordering as i thought it was a bit on the expensive side for a "net" (and id prefer a dog guard in it's place) but does it warrant the price?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Actually I have not used the net yet. It's OK but I suspect that a dog guard would perform the same function.I have not seen the interior of a car without the net, but my Car has two sets of anchor points in the side of the roof lining for the net, which I assume that you don't get without adding the net as a factory option. If I am right then I don't think the extra £80 is a bad price.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I order it with roof racks since I will go overland with it. Have not fitted the roof rack itself though. Hop over tohttp://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/great-february-day_topic475.html for photos.Edited by: chribonn

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
Actually I have not used the net yet. It's OK but I suspect that a dog guard would perform the same function.I have not seen the interior of a car without the net, but my Car has two sets of anchor points in the side of the roof lining for the net, which I assume that you don't get without adding the net as a factory option. If I am right then I don't think the extra £80 is a bad price.
Yes, the locating points are not fitted on cars without the retaining net. We will be going for this option as it will allow us to fill the car right to the roof when going on holiday to France or camping with lighter items such as bedding, tent extension and carpet etc being stored higher up; at the moment it all fits in the Picasso below the shelf line and I wouldn't carry anything above it that wasn't secured properly. For £80 it's a bargain as I'd prefer to avoid a roof box.

I will be looking at bike carrying options; not sure if te 2008 will take a boot mounted carrier but if not then I'll be looking at a towbar being fitted.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
burty said:
Yes, the locating points are not fitted on cars without the retaining net. We will be going for this option as it will allow us to fill the car right to the roof when going on holiday to France or camping with lighter items such as bedding, tent extension and carpet etc being stored higher up; at the moment it all fits in the Picasso below the shelf line and I wouldn't carry anything above it that wasn't secured properly. For £80 it's a bargain as I'd prefer to avoid a roof box.

I will be looking at bike carrying options; not sure if te 2008 will take a boot mounted carrier but if not then I'll be looking at a towbar being fitted.

I am a Scout leader so I also do a lot of camping, which is why I specified the net. That said, we tend to take my wife's 807 on camping trips as you can never have too much space.

I would also be interested in what solutions are available for carrying bikes. I have a Thule tailgate mounting rack which I suspect will probably fit on the 2008. I may also investigate options for roof mounting. I appreciate that there is an official option but I am keen to investigate alternatives. (I already have a number of different bars that may fit the roof rails but have not tried any yet.)

·
Registered
540 Posts
We haven't carried bikes since our son was born but neither my A2 or the C4 Picasso can use a boot-mounted carrier and we've not invested in a towbar for either car (the part is £400+ alone for the A2...); however we often drive through France so I want to avoid a roof carrier and end up having to go through the higher vehicle Peage barriers which take forever...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the high level boot net, which for £80 I highly recommend. It has two mounting points, one that allows the net to placed behind the rear head rests and the other just behind the front seats allowing ( if desired) to load right up to roof in both places.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Also I highly recommend the boot tray which is a bargain. As having a muddy baby buggy from going on walks it's great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
burty said:

thats a fair point, wasn't aware of the extra anchor points so that would explain the cost.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jlmadd said:
Also I highly recommend the boot tray which is a bargain. As having a muddy baby buggy from going on walks it's great.

when i went into the dealership over the weekend to sign off some ppwk there was a 2008 with a boot tray in but it felt like squidy compacted foam rather than a rubber/plastic. is this the tray that you get from the accessories brochure??

·
Registered
107 Posts
It is a bit 'squidy' but what do you expect for under £30. If you want a more solid one there's the two sided tray for more money. It's great because it's lightweight if you do want to go under the floor or just whip it out if needed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh dear!! i thought the one in the showroom might have been a "protection tray" from manufacture or just for the showroom. for £30 i expected something a little harder wearing. the one i looked at my dogs claws would have gone strait through it and destroyed it in minutes.

i was toying with peugeot tray but im glad i went for this instead now! was very very impressed for the price. it's like a flexible, rubbery/plastic, but is solid to the touch if that makes sense?? £35 for tray and carpet insert highly recommend

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301041341956?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jonnyg30 said:
burty said:

thats a fair point, wasn't aware of the extra anchor points so that would explain the cost.

I am afraid Peugeot don't sell this particular accessory at all well. On the face of it it's expensive and it's not clear why. The brochure provides no detail (or at least the original brochure didn't).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
burty said:
jonnyg30 said:
burty said:

I am afraid Peugeot don't sell this particular accessory at all well. On the face of it it's expensive and it's not clear why. The brochure provides no detail (or at least the original brochure didn't).

to be honest i don't think peugeot sell any of their accessory's very well in the brochure or online. ive found with the things i have been interested in there has been very little info given or available other than from those that have bought the stuff, and this is really whats pushed me to buy most of the accessories i have from third parties as at least they provide a description and i know pretty much what im getting (well that and the price
).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
True. But it's a factory option so it's probably not possible to buy aftermarket. Which is all the more reason why Peugeot should put a little more effort in for this one.Edited by: burty

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the Carpet boot protector with the rubberised back, looks nice and its all branded with the Peugeot logo, I think I paid about £45 for it when I ordered the car....., I know its not as durable as plastic / rubber but looks nice and gives some level of protection...
, again the dealership wasnt very good at offering/selling the accessories to me either...!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts