Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought my 2008 in dec. a 1.6 92 bhp allure in white. Love it to bits. Last few weeks notice when change gear it hesitates for a second. So thought as do mostly town driving take it on a jounery. Near by is a steep hill which on it wouldn't rev and going down the gears. Straight away rang the dealer saying well you need take it on a drive as filet filter be blocked. Explained I have and explained more like fuel filter blocked as only in mid 50's mpg. Going in on thurs so will let you know out come

·
Registered
1 Posts
jonesy55 - i have noticed the same thing, had mine since dec 2013. interested in what they findFrank its not the same issue as above.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi How many miles you done, I got my 2008 1st March same spec. My previous two cars were Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 92 diesel which I suspect are similar engines. When the MPG dropped and it got sluggish(around 5k)I found a fuel cleaner restored it. I stopped using supermarket fuel after a few occurences, afterwards and it seem to improve. Best though to get the garage check it out

·
Registered
217 Posts
Jonesy55 said:
Hi I bought my 2008 in dec. a 1.6 92 bhp allure in white. Love it to bits. Last few weeks notice when change gear it hesitates for a second. So thought as do mostly town driving take it on a jounery. Near by is a steep hill which on it wouldn't rev and going down the gears. Straight away rang the dealer saying well you need take it on a drive as filet filter be blocked. Explained I have and explained more like fuel filter blocked as only in mid 50's mpg. Going in on thurs so will let you know out come

hi, could you possibly supply a little more detail into the problem as at the moment it sounds like your describing turbo lag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garage said nothing wrong. Did ask them to change fuel filter but unless I paid they wouldn't. So I took it on a gd hard drive to see if that clean it out. Seems to done the trick. Can't believe it lag as only small turbo on it and used to have seat Leon fr170 which had big turbo and that never suffered lag when u let clutch up. Only other thing I thought was is there a clutch saver on it preventing you from ever slipping clutch and I'm to quick back on the accelerator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts