Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondered if anyone had any experience with these?? in particular the blackvue dr550gw-2ch.

don't want to get into the reasons why i want one too much as that could probably turn into a thread on its own but a large contributing factor was having my current car reversed into twice with car park cctv catching nothing and i want my precious lil 2008 protected when she arrives.

done a fair bit of research on them over the last few months and have set my sights on the one mentioned above as it has fully adjustable settings/parking mode/front and rear coverage/small easy to hide size so not to draw attention and many other features was just wondering if any one had one and if so what's it like??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one installed in my Peugeot 2008. It's the dr550 but the version with only one camera (front). My dealer did a nice job routing the cables so you can't see them. Had to pay like 70 euro's for it, it was worth it.

Regarding the camera itself, it's so easy. Just plug it in and you don't need to worry about a thing. It starts recording automatically when starting the car and it automaticaly erases previous recordings.

Still, it does draw a lot of attention as you can clearly see the camera while parked. Therefore I always plug it out (very very easy) and put it away somewhere safe.

I know it has a parking mode, but I don't know what is safest: to capture the image of something happening to your car while being parked, or to risk getting your window smashed because some thief has set his eye on the cam.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im planning to fit the unit myself and ive seen some handy little tricks on how to place both cameras where there not noticeable unless your specifically looking for them. good to know your happy with unit. did you purchase it with the power magic power controller??

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, because I only use it while driving. Good luck with the fitting, i have two left hands so it wasn't an option for me :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunately it's not really an option for me as im wanting the "parking mode" also the camera i want will cover both front and rear of the vehicle as well as many other features that would make it far better than using my phone.

im sure there is an app out there that allows a phone to be used as one and im sure some people do use them, but to just set it to record in normal camera mode wouldnt work very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts