Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year the Comprehensive insurance with SAGA for my wife's 12 year old 1.6 Peugeot 206 GLX Auto was £242.23. This included breakdown cover.

This year they want to charge £281.49 for the same cover.

That's an extra £39.26 which is an increase of 16.2%.

Last year my 2008 was £236.98 (no breakdown cover).

This year they want £316.98 for the same cover.

That's an extra ££80.00 which is an increase of 33.76% .

Think I'll ring LV to see what they can do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah nightmare mate. Traded my car in just as renewal was due so seen it was about £100 more for the year.
glad I got my 2008 on "just add fuel". A little reassuring to know its all a fixed price

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that was worth a phone call.

LV=

206: £249.29 (as opposed to £281.49 with SAGA).

2008: £251.56 (as opposed to £316.98 with SAGA).

NB: Just in case anyone else wants to do a comparison: 0800 171 2608.

PS: Well I just found a small leaflet inside the SAGA renewal quote that says "If you receive a lower quote for like-for-like cover, we'll beat it".

Time to ring SAGA I reckon.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I'll be staying with SAGA as they agreed to match the price of the LV quotes (actually they got it£1 less on each quote).

At first I was offered a £30 discount on each policy but I mentioned the leaflet in one of the renewal quotes that said 'price guarantee'. They chap I was talking to went away to have a word with his manager and re-quoted me.

If SAGA had kept the increase down to, say, £20 on each policy then I wouldn't have bothered ringing LV and just accepted the new price; but when the increase is almost £120 it makes you enquire elsewhere. I guess they work on the basis that for everyone that queries it then there's 1000 that don't.

Happy days. Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
96 Posts
Seeing the above figures makes the 'just add fuel' an interesting option for anyone purchasing a new 2008.

The additional cost in my (fairly rural) area was just £30 per month, which when you consider that also includes full breakdown cover, servicing and the (albeit fairly minimal) road tax, as well as the insurance, all added up to an offer I couldn't refuse!

Just hope I did the right thing!

Edited by: Montala

·
Registered
75 Posts
Montala said:
Seeing the above figures makes the 'just add fuel' an interesting option for anyone purchasing a new 2008.

The additional cost in my (fairly rural) area was just £30 per month, which when you consider that also includes full breakdown cover, servicing and the (albeit fairly minimal) road tax, as well as the insurance, all added up to an offer I couldn't refuse!

Just hope I did the right thing!
yep JAF made sense to my bank manager. Aka "the wife" ˜Š

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I thought the Just add fuel option was expensive myself. But I don't get my cars on any form of finance deal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ours wasn't mega cheaper than the personal passport plan but it was cheaper,and what we like with JAF is its just ONE payment a month and that's it, not 2 or 3.so for us it was easier to budget.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts