Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

From 2 days ago the car started locking automatically. I suspect (only suspect) that the culprit is the key transmitting locking instructions.

Any idea on how I can open the key to reset it. Any other ideas welcome.

Happy holidays.

Alan

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Is it locking when you're driving? Or when the car is stationary? I have mine set to auto lock in which case it locks as you drive off, I think the first time that your speed goes above something like 5mph.Edited by: burty

·
Registered
273 Posts
It will also relock if you operate the key and do not open any door or tailgate before 30 seconds has passed

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Does it lock when you have been parked in the same/close area?...or does it do it wherever you have been parked?

There was a feature in the press some time back when cars were getting interference from radio/mobile telephone masts; also from short-wave radio enthusiasts nearby in localized areas.

I did have a problem with the remote locking on a Jaguar I had. Press the button and it would bounce open/shut or shut/open no matter where I was parked so you may have to take a trip to your dealer to sort as it may be a faulty hand control. and you could void the warranty if you tamper with it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Some of our Ford cars in the early days of remote control would lock themselves if they were near an electrical/radio source such as found near the speed sensors on motorway bridges but this is well known in the trade and must have been sorted years ago. Unless of course Peugeot know nothing about it. ( I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just arrived from the dealer. They are saying that this is the first time they have experienced this problem.

The vehicle does not lock when in motion or if I remote open the vehicle and do not physical open the door. The best way I can describe this is as follows:

imagine the key remote lock button is stuck.

When I remote open the vehicle the side mirrors start opening but then block when the mirrors have opened around 30 degrees and the lock function take over. The only way to gain entry to the vehicle is to use the key and time everything accurately (turn key and kee it turned while at the same time engaging the door opener.

I usually leave the key inside the vehicle at home (not int he ignition). The vehicle locked itself.

I wanted to open the key and maybe remove the battery but could not find instructions on how to do it (the only ones I found refer to a key fob with a kink).

I would really be grateful if anyone setup a video or instruction on how to do it.

Thanks,
Alan

PS: I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Alan, what model do you have?

Do you have the folding remote key and a standard key or two standard keys?

The standard key does not have a battery as they are 'passive' .

Whichever you have I think it is a programming problem that only your dealer can sort as it starts to operate then stops. This makes me think the fault is with the car programming and not the key.

I would not interfere with the key as you could void your warranty.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer called to inform me that the problem was the door lock. It was changed under warranty (vehicle is 10 months old).

I have a remote key and a standard key - both are originals that came with the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would say that taking the battery out of the key is a reasonable test. There must be a simple way to get it open and replacing the battery shouldn't cause problems with the warranty. Does the users manual describe battery replacement?

The first test to carry out is to check whether once the car is unlocked then what happens when you push the lock button on the key. if the car locks or attempts to lock then it's unlikely that the lock button is the cause.

Have you checked the lock button on the dash?

Oh..... too late. :)

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Checking the battery is fine but attempting to reset it (as Alan said he wanted to try) is a bit more than that.

Edited by: allan40alt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts