Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Car's in today (and tomorrow) :(

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jlmadd 
#1 ·
Sadly the Black One is with the dealers today and tomorrow. Seems odd seeing this silver 'thing' on my drive (a 208 actually!). Really odd to drive now - handbrake is 'old fashioned', no bells or whistle or driver aids and your roll about in very uncomfortable seats!

Anyway, I have a knock in the gearbox changing from 2nd to 3rd 2nd 3rd to 4th. Also, I often cannot get it from 5th to 4th esp after a motorway run coming off at the slip road.

The dealer (or technician) initially tried to say it was my driving style! Yet I have driven cars for 30 years and not had an issue before. Nor do I have an issue with the courtesy car (drives fine and changes gear like my 2008 did when I first had it). Next excuse was that 'these things wear' - it's only done 6000 miles! So I let him sit in the drivers sit when we got back from the test run and asked him to get it from 5th to 4th while stood. Couldn't do it :) My mate at work, who is very good with all things cars, reckons it could be a loose bolt on the selector which means it doesn't quite line up properly when changing gear. He reckons he has a Peugeot with an identical problem and one tighten of the boltg and away went the issue.

Anyway, this was a couple of weeks ago and they had the car for a day to remove wind deflectors (they really are cheap tat! avoid!), restick the boot sill protector, repair the damage to the boot caused by the former and, most important, sort the **&%*$£$ gearbox out! What did they do? Just removed the wind deflectors......

So had to book it back in again as they needed more time on the gearbox and had to 'ring Peugeot warranty about the boot sill' (?!).

So back in today....... they reckon it could be the gear linkage cables. I have my doubts. But I will find out tomorrow I guess. I asked about the boot sill and the service guy said they want to concentrate on the gearbox. So I can a further visit to get the sill and paint damage sorted.

Most annoying was the fact that I have to pay £7.99 per dat for the priveledge of having a courtesy car while my car is in under warranty? How does that work then! I have spoken to the sales guy about that who agreed it wasn't right so hopefully I won't get charged when I take it back tomorrow. And when he bought the car round, the diesel left miles ranges was....... 14 miles! Apparently they don't own the cars, they lease them. SO don't put any diesel in, that is up to the user. And you should put in what you used. Well, the last person didn't! And I know who you are as the insurance papers were still in the car. Tut, tut Ms Evans! Anyway, I always thought that the courtesy cars were filled with diesel. Then you used the car and filled it up before taking it back. That has always been my experience before.

Oh, and they are doing the safety recall to. There is even confusion over that it seems. My letter CLEARLY states "Your vehicle requires an operation to replace the front suspension wishbone mounting bolts". They said theyt are going to check them. Errr..... no! It says REPLACE! Well, have to see what they actually claim to have done. Problem is there is no real way of telling.

Un-happy days!

See less See more
#3 ·
Afraid there are quite a few peugeot dealers like this
I vowed not to have another peugeot after my wife's 207 but I did like this 2008 so hope I'm proved wrong with this one but as it's the same dealer I won't hold my breath.

#4 ·
Peugeot do send an on-line questionnaire to complete after any service I have had. After my last experience with my update I completed the questionnaire honestly, and stated clearly why I was not satisfied. The consequence was that I received a call from the service manager who apologised and gave me a discount voucher for the next service. Whilst it doesn't make it better it did give me an indication that they do consider the service quality.

I do think that they can do much better though. Personally I think that the focus is wrong and they could do with looking at the whole experience. It seems that someone in Peugeot has tried to establish a formula for decent service which includes "a visual check of the car when the customer drops it off", "service staff wearing a shirt and tie", "service staff reads off work that is planned to the customer", "service staff reads off work completed to customer on collection", "service staff offer cheap cup of Clix coffee when customer has to wait more than 10 minutes". When the reality is that most of us just want a quality job done on our car and to be properly informed by someone who knows what they are talking about.

#5 ·
Wow sounds a whole better than mine. Trouble is I always compare the experience to honda who have always been fantastic. It's even the little things like my car got a 1st yr birthday cake and card in the post, always get a Christmas card and they always can't do enough like free courtesy cars of your choice.

#6 ·
Unfortunately, I guess, it all comes down to the individual dealer and their staff how you experience the brand as a whole.I think it is important to let someone higher up the food chain know how I am being met by those representing the brand, and be objectively open about this to the dealer.
I had to do this with other brands (My Peugeot dealer is awesome).
Basically accepting their failure, and that's OK, but "we are not reaching the results I ask for. What is our next step?"

Well, enough of the mumbo jumbo... I've been lecturing on conflict management today.. I should be silent now. :p

""To summarize the
summary
of the
summary
:
people are a problem
.""� ""• Douglas Adams

#7 ·
I heartily agree with epideme.... The attitude and competence of the staff is so important. The reason why we bought another Peugeot is the way the staff at Robins and Day in Gateshead have dealt with any issues my wife had with her ageing 307. Nothing is a bother to them. When we decided to change I think we looked at what some regard as higher quality brands BUT the way we have been dealt with has been unbelievable. So we have a good car which is looked after by people who care about customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.