Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....carefully!

Just a word to the wise, but do check your insurance documents carefully.

My new documents have just arrived and I noticed that the Park Assist I have ordered was described as PARKING/REVERSING SENSORS.

This is NOT for the Park Assist system. It is just the rear parking sensor option on the Active model.

The correct option is AUTOMATIC PARKING SYSTEM.

I now have corrected documents being sent out to me.

Just thought I'd mention it as to avoid any misunderstanding when initially talking to your Insurer when you advise them of the factory fitted options to your standard model car.

Al.

NB: Other options appear to be shown OK.

ie: Leather Interior, Sunroof-Panoramic, Satellite Navigation**...and to be amended: Automatic Parking System (<strike>Parking/Reversing Sensors</strike>).

** This last item is shown as 'Manufacturer Approved/Fitted' it does not, though, show the SOS+Assistance option. I did query this and there was no available description available but I was assured the full option would be included.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quite glad I'm having a stock Allure! Provided they input the reg correctly the rest will auto populate.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I didn't know insurers required a list of all factory fitted options? I thought they only wanted to know about aftermarket modifications - i.e those you do after you have bought the car? I'll check my documents but I'm sure that is all they wanted to know (fingers crossed anyway
). I don't see how anyone could buy online otherwise?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

Three years down the line if you sold your car how would the new owner know what was standard and what was factory fitted? Or maybe after three years we would get back so little on the factory fitted options it's not worth it anyway!

·
Registered
155 Posts
A factory option is a modification from standard spec so needs to be declared. However, by and large they won't raise your premium - mud flaps and metallic paint don't increase risk, though spoilers and styling options are seen as doing so.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does the car already come with an immobiliser people????

Just had a very nice chat with Admiral and IF the car does have immobiliser its only going to cost us about an extra £50 til Dec when our insurance expires, and that is with no excess. Brilliant.

Not sure how much more it'll cost IF it does not though

No pressure BUT Al, i'm expecting you to come up with the goods

Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
155 Posts
It has an immobiliser to Thatcham II spec. In fact, every new car type approved for sale in the UK since 1998 has had to have one by law, and most manufacturers use a passive system with a transponder built into the key.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's great, thanks Don. I'm getting more excited now that insurance isn't as expensive.

Yayyyyyy!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Cars don't get me excited. Now, the 1978 Elswick bicycle frame collecting from the powder coaters later is giving me a semi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts