Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice really, I currently drive an Astra for work use (self employed) so drive around locally alot.

Now i'm looking at replacing this before Christmas and looked into getting a Prius for fuel economy until the guys on their forum said no I would be better getting a diesel as I do lots of stop/start going to customers etc.

So just wondered if anyone here does alot of driving around town and what the fuel situation is like for day to day use say making 3-4 stops a day ?

Also has anyone seen any decent videos of the sat nav/bluetoth/music at all ? all I can find is the odd video of the dash but nothing in terms of the different functions etc.

I'm looking at getting the following : -

Allure 1.6 6 Speed Stop-Start
Nera Black
Sat Nav

Panoramic Sunroof

Park Assist

Boot Sill Protector

Boot Mat

Wind Deflectors

Wifi Unit (I work in IT so would be extremely handy to have wifi in the car when out and about)

Never owned a Peugeot and never bought a brand new car, always had used so cannot wait to finally take the plunge and place an order within the next couple of months.

Apologies for the waffling on.

Thanks

Spinneruk

Edited by: spinneruk

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi spinneruk and welcome.

I can't help with the local mileage economy and to be honest I think it's a bit early due to the car only just being released for sale here.

One of our overseas members may be able to advise you though.

Regarding the Sat-Nav I managed to find this short demo of the similar system that is fitted in the 208.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9vyvA7Tyto

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
No modern diesel is a good choice for urban use due to the FAP problems is causes.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Don, almost every taxi and delivery van is diesel.

Do they have a different system to cars in general?

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Vans are different, tend to run lower gearing and for much hotter periods, and not all vans are thus equipped, whereas every diesel car on sale in the UK with 90 BHP or more - and most below - has one.

Taxis do suffer, often very badly indeed. DPF deletion is very common among cabbies, as is DMF replacement with solid flywheel, although the latter has fallen out of favour as the increased tyre wear more than offsets the saving made on the cost of a new DMF.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.

After digging around online ages sites say that providing you do a journey that lasts at least 30 minutes fap isn't an issue. Think it was a BMW site that said that.

If that's the case then it's fine as I do 3-4 journeys a week that last between 30 minutes and an hour. Failing that its an excuse to go for a longer drive in the new car anyway.

Thanks for the sat nav vid as well didn't think about looking at the 208 etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts