Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so thought i would get an idea of how do you guys/gals wash your cars and what products do you use

At the moment i use Mer shampoo with demon shine after for that spectacular shine i washed her for the first time yesterday since i have had her 6 days.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also use Mer shampoo but only polish my cars once a year because that's generally all that's needed, unless of course i get tar spots from the road and have to use a remover. I use Autoglym polish because it works well and is dead easy to use though not suitable for black/grey plastic bumpers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whitedog2k15 said:
OK so thought i would get an idea of how do you guys/gals wash your cars and what products do you use

At the moment i use Mer shampoo with demon shine after for that spectacular shine i washed her for the first time yesterday since i have had her 6 days.
Bought the car 2nd hand about 7wks ago. It's a 2014 Nimbus Grey Allure. Since then it's been washed using Simoniz Shampoo& Carnauba Wax using the 2 bucket method and microfiber noodle, dried,hand polished with Autoglym SRP, then Poorboys Blackhole to hide any remaining swirls & blemishes then a couple of coats of Collinite Marque D'elegance wax. Simoniz QD applied on the chrome after washing and drying just to make it stand out.Meguiars Endurance on tyres and Collinite on alloys.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I use demon shine snow foam then Autoglym Shampoo and conditioner. Plus valet pro Bilberry wheel cleaner. Autoglym interior shampoo cleaner thingy, meguars polish on the outside. Meguars tyre stuff on the tyres.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So.. Citrus Pre wash, Snow foam, wash with a decent shampoo, Rinse then Purity X (sealant) through the snow foam lance, then BMD Wax (not every time most decent wax has 2-3 months durability) so if no wax just a waft of a Quick detailer like Autobrite Project32.

The 2008 was 6 months old when I got hold of it and the paint is not good, lots of cobwebs and washing marks, when the weather improves I will machine polish it to get it as it should be.

OCD me?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GarryH said:
So.. Citrus Pre wash, Snow foam, wash with a decent shampoo, Rinse then Purity X (sealant) through the snow foam lance, then BMD Wax (not every time most decent wax has 2-3 months durability) so if no wax just a waft of a Quick detailer like Autobrite Project32.

The 2008 was 6 months old when I got hold of it and the paint is not good, lots of cobwebs and washing marks, when the weather improves I will machine polish it to get it as it should be.

OCD me?

I am also OCD so im glad you guys are with me with the options lol :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to use Simoniz original (in the yellow tin) which is the old solid block of wax. It was ****** hard work to apply but gave a great shine and lasted for ages. Too much like hard work for me now though, Autoglym SRP followed by Extra Gloss these days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use CarPlan triplewax shampoo from halfords to wash and Collinite 476s double wax to finish. Lasts months even after shampooing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i love how much everyone cares for their cars i see so many where i live neglected makes me want to slap people!! keep up the cleaning guys!!! even in the rain :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
thewizardhunter said:
I use CarPlan triplewax shampoo from halfords to wash and Collinite 476s double wax to finish. Lasts months even after shampooing.
Colonite is a good quality wax lasts well and not too hard to use.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We used to use Megs Products but now we have a car cleaner, as madam calls him who did a first class job detailing the 2008 and the other week my car.

He covered it in snow!! then washed it all off, got a handle grinder out to remove all the scratches, chucked sulphuric acid on the wheels and tyres, brings them up like new and then when he finished he applied a coating.

He actually treated all the trim and seats in 2008 and all the leather in my car and then coated the wheels with C5.

I won't be polishing and waxing again for a few years.

This stuff cleans itself. I was out in the Jag this week and I must admit it was looking a bit grubby but I had to be in Brighton for a meeting with a client so I set off early morning and it was chucking it down all the way when I got there it was clean!!!!!!

The rain had washed off all the muck, alright it wasn't sparkling but it was a lot cleaner than when I set off.!!! How does it do that?

Well impressed, when the cars are washed and dried the shine is as good as any polish and wax.

I'm still not 100% happy with the G1 Clear Vision on the screen tho', but apart from trying to remove it with a flame thrower I'll have to stick with it for a couple of years. This is one time when I hope the product doesn't last as long as the hype says.

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/c1-crystal-lacquer

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c5-wheel-armour

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c4-permanent-trim-restorer

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/i1-smart-fabric

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/l1-leather-guard

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you short of time use autoglymn aqua wax spray,a few years back it was rated highly in the auto car group tests. For me it add about 10minutes extra to a normal wash. For a dry wash I find the Williams waterless give very good results and is often on offer with ideal world for around £5 a spray.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Same stuff that Peugeot use for carrying out PDI on new cars and on your car when iy goes in for a service.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The pdi wax is normal the pink stuff which don't last long,it goes on quick and easy to polish off.autoglymn Aqua wax is more durable and do a decent job. l used it for years over my supagard on cars,it was auto express review winner. In 2015 best car wash wax

·
Registered
128 Posts
PLEASE, PLEASE advise me of a much quicker way to keep my Pearl white clean and protected. It's just taken me four hours to do the following.

Had car one week, 15 plate not much on the clock, close inspection on collecting from the dealers it was covered in tiny black specks and tiny brown specs, it took me three hours plus of rubbing really hard with Autoglym HD cleaner to remove them all, they were even on the metal trims. Some were tar marks, others looked like insect poo. The car was shiny when collected so I'm guessing the car prep team just put some stuff over the top of all the specks. Then I polished the car with Autoglym HD wax, then did the silver trims in Autoglym super resin polish. All the plastic work with back to black and the wheels with super resin polish and the tyres with tyre shine. Prior to this work yesterday, car was cleaned with Autoglym wash and then rinsed and leathered and then put back in the garage until this morning.

Is there a quicker way to protect, i.e. wash and wax all in one, something that protects the paintwork from stone chips and rust but doesn't mark the black plastic trims if it gets on them. Also is there something that will remove tar marks without damaging the paintwork.

I don't mind spending an hour or two each week but a whole day over two days is too much for me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Light said:
You should have rejected the car and asked them to rectify the paintwork before you accepted it.
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover.
Check out these products:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/63776/best-car-wax-and-car-polish-2015-product-reviews
Using a car wash top program to includefull clean & wax works well if you're short of time/energy.

We should have done that, that and a two stone chips on the bonnet and some nasty chips to the edge of the drivers door and a scratched alloy wheel. We did purchase it through a Peugeot dealer as nearly new and paid a fair wedge of money for it as well. Thanks for the recommendation of the tar remover. I will certainly get some because removing all of the stuff that was on the car has been a seriously hard job. The car had just under 5,000 on the clock before we took ownership, I'm guessing it's had a hard life, scratches on the black bit of the rear bumper and some damage to the centre console box and a couple of areas of rust on the silver trim that look to have been given a quick spray with silver paint. Having said that, I am super picky and I notice these things. We are still pleased with the car though.

Edited by: First Pug

·
Registered
242 Posts
Waterless cleaners have come a long way since they first come on the market,the purists may disagree as they don like change! I use Williams waterless(ideal world has regular offers and it work out 5 a litre bottle) it remove bird muck, tree sap and tar fairly easy . It take me around 30 minutes to do my car,body Windows ,plastic leaving a wax finish. I don't do the windscreen . Stone chips are a pain when they hit,I put a couple of coats of hard wax on the bonnet/wings regularly. It helps but I still pick up the. Odd one. I coverup with a white wax stick

1 - 20 of 50 Posts