Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I just wonder anyone having problems with cloudy headlights ?Bought one in 2017 and noticed lights getting cloudy at any weather conditions,but it's not there all the time.Anyone having issues with them as well?

·
Registered
152 Posts
red car said:
Hi,I just wonder anyone having problems with cloudy headlights ?Bought one in 2017 and noticed lights getting cloudy at any weather conditions,but it's not there all the time.Anyone having issues with them as well?

Quote from the Manual:-
In some weather conditions (e.g. low temperature or humidity), the presence of misting on the internal surface of the glass of the headlamps and rear lamps is normal; it disappears after the lamps
have been on for a few minutes.

Reactions: WhipMama

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It gets cloudy at any weather,like on saturday it was 12C sunny day and it was cloudy from inside all day.Or gets cloudy after car wash sometimes.Don't expact this from a brand new car.I wouldn't pass NCT with them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When you say cloudy,do you mean that condensation is building up inside the light housing or that the lens has gone cloudy and dull like it's scratched.
If it's the former then check that all the rear covers are in place and secure so that no moisture is getting in.If it has its worth removing The covers and holding a hot hairdryer over the inside to evaporate any excess water inside before recovering.

·
Registered
179 Posts
FWIW I've noticed this very very occasionally on my '65 plate x-over.Just as I'm thinking it's time to the the dealership involved, it goes.Doesn't happen when I wash the car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a common thing with cars as the headlight unit is not sealed thus allowing you to change blown bulbs & moisture will get in there when it's wet/damp weather etc. It's not a fault & is detailed in the manual as someone else said. When I went to view my 2008 at the dealers it had condensation inside the headlamps and it didn't concern me at all. My 107 used to get condensation in the lamps quite regularly & this even happened in a brand new headlight I had fitted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts