Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16000 miles 2nd year service on fuel only contract.clutch slipping dealer wants £1100 to check if fault or if we have been riding the clutch. We paid for 12000 miles per year and have only done 16000 has anyone else had this problem. Really concerned not prepared to guarantee to pay this money for them to check. Would not have entered contract if we had realised we were responsible for brake oafs wearing clutch etc etc.. Thought we were only responsible for new tyres etc...HELP

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Alexander,

Gary posted a slipping clutch not sure if you have seen it........... Clutch Slip
Posted: 22 Mar 2016

Regarding your question, not sure of your legal requirement if found riding the clutch but only you will know if you have! some clutches wear quicker than others depending on the treatment they receive, also if charging over £1000 to look at it they may as well fit a new one!!

Does it state about 'fair wear & tear' in the contract, if it does it could be quite a broad exclusion.

Sorry couldn't help further.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The dealer is letting you know there will be a cost associated with diagnosis - if it is a fault on the clutch then this will be covered under the warranty (it's not related to your Just Add Fuel contract), but the dealer is entirely correct to advise you that you may end up footing the bill if this is down to premature wear due to use; if they didn't, took it to bits and then presented you with a bill due to wear then you'd be legally entitled not to pay it - Not a situation they want.

Assuming you are talking about the 1.2 VTi, it has a very high bite-point and I suspect anyone who hovers with their foot over the clutch, even just a tiny bit, is putting premature wear on the plates.

·
Registered
126 Posts
After two years of trouble free motoring I've now got a slipping clutch (that's what the RAC man said). Still driving fine apart from lack of power from the turbo so leaving it alone until next week when it goes in at Peugeot. It too has only done 16000. I've only ever had to change a clutch once and that was my first car many years ago so I'm sure it's not me. Can they tell if it's driving style that's at fault? I do live in London so it gets used a lot. Let's see what comes up next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts