Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend any colours? I have only seen the bianca white I'm the flesh anyone seen any others? At the point of ordering just need to decide a colour!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've seen only the blue and one grey in the flesh.I think it was the nimbus grey (but am not 100 percent certain) but it looked OK.The blue was completely uninspiring.

There is a disappointing lack of striking colours. Like red :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
They do seem to have some drab colours.

Bianca White, Nera Black both look good.

Pearlescent White looks good in sunshine but looks like a dirty Bianca White if its overcast. It can also be a big problem to match a panel should any paintwork be necessary. A colleague of mine had to have the whole car resprayed and he is still not happy with it.

I dislike Dakota Brown, Virtual Blue.

Cumulus Grey, Nimbus Grey look good in the right light, but look a drab Grey otherwise.

I haven't seen Spirit Grey at all.

These are, of course, just my views and I'm sure other people will like all the colours I'm not keen on.

PS: There are several videos on YouTube that show many of the colours.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my two favourite at the min are the white and the black. I have nera black on my 208 at present and it's really nice when it's clean and shiny but I am forever cleaning it and it shows up every single little scratch! I do like one of the greys but yes could look dull sometimes! I think I'm going to have to pick out of a hat at this rate!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I couldn't choose between Bianca White and Nera Black but I decided when I remembered how much cleaning I had to do with a black car.

Every speck of dust shows, even when parked in the garage.

Does look fantastic when clean and polished though.

I went right off the greys when my daughter saw one at a presentation and said "That grey is definitely a colour you see old people driving around in....".

After that I looked at every grey-ish car in town and sure enough it was an elderly person behind the wheel....or was that just my imagination?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have only seen one of the greys (I think it was the cumulus grey) and the blue in the flesh. The blue looked completely uninspiring. The grey looked OK, the salesman tried to convince me it wasn't grey which rather amused me. PersonallyI would never purchase a car in any shade of silver or grey anyway

I am totally underwhelmed with the choice of colours. What happened to the bright colours of the original concept show cars? They did something similar with the 208 where there was a notable absence of a red. That was understandable if you subscribe to the view that they held back the red so that it could be only available for the GTi. On the 2008 it seems that Peugeot have gone very conservative, I suspect largely due to the market, which seems to have currently settled on white and silver for 90% of cars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which grey is this?? i quite like this

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
That looks like Nimbus Grey.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ordered 2008 1.6 Hdi EGC yesterday Spirit Grey. Delivery expected December 1. Down-sizing from a 3008 with the same engine and gearbox, can't wait!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Hotkeys and welcome.

Nice choice. I'm guessing that you are happy with the EGC transmission in your 3008.

Hopefully delivery will improve for you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had 2 Nera black pugs and wouldn't recommend it. It ages really quickly, shows up the tinsiest blemish, and isn't a.nice.shade for bodyshops to match accurately if needed for repairs.accessories.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mac2008 said:
Hotkeys welcome, I hope the dealer is playing safe on the date.

Mac

Yeah was just thinking that myself.

Sam

·
Registered
70 Posts
<table width="99%" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; "><t><tr><td ="BBquote" style="width: 941px; ">
Mac2008 wrote:

Hotkeys welcome, I hope the dealer is playing safe on the date.

Mac</td></tr></t></table><div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Was also thinking the same, don't think i could wait that long.
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">John.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts