Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have to say I am concerned about the quality of the build of this car at this stage and some of the issues with it recently.

1) Issue with thefront
suspension
wishbone mounting
bolts needing replaced (Recall)

2)
fuel may leak and create fire risk (Recall)

3) Seatbelt buckle issue (Recall)

Additionally I am noticing recently if I get a text message or something of that nature it interferes with the radio and everything slooows down (voices on the radio etc).

Regards,

Samuel Barr

·
Registered
398 Posts
1. The bolts,tubes and seatbelt buckle they change because of reports that indicate somequestionablequality at this pieces.From my view, is very good that they test continuously the components from every lot, and in case of quality, they request from the seller a new lot, and make a recall.
I have a factory here that produce car parts, the contract between them and the auto builders is made like this: every lot delivered is independently tested by other labor. In case of questionable quality (and not "improper quality"!!), the entire lot will be changed by supplier.
So, the car manufacturers can reject a lot without waiting for accidents to happen...
The recalls from PUG makes me think that somebody test them pretty good.
(remember now the recall from Toyota Yaris, the engines exploded because from factory they left with oil 0W40, too thin, leaking in turbo-vent...I had in company 6 pieces, new, 3 exploded (engine just cracked), 3 was changed the oil to 10w40 in time.
They made a recall after this, with info: "bolt from acceleration pedal is improper quality and need to be replaced..."

2. Check the phone...maybe is a Bth problem...use other phone and see if the problem remains or is gone...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Sam, my 2008 is now Peugeot number six for me and if anything I think that the build quality is improving all the time. I wouldn't concern yourself to much about the recalls my suspension bolts for example were fine when they checked them and apparently itonly applied to a small batch. Once a manufacturer gets wind of anything wrong I think they automatically issue a recall to cover themselves as well as us the customer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is it not better to get a recall to check things out? Sooner have them recall it then ignore and hope for best

·
Registered
273 Posts
Recalls are not a sign of manufacturers caring. The system is legally enforceable for safety related items. They are a sign of poor design, poorquality components or sloppy production methods. They are extremely expensive for manufacturers and damaging to their reputations. The fact that sometimes a supplier has to pick up the bill does nothing to limit the damage to the maker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts