Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have found a lot of condensation on glass roof on these damp cold days. Also when wet as moisture dries from clothes windows and roof steam up a lot.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Do you have your air-con switched on or off?

I found most cars I've ever had will mist up inside terribly if the air-con is off on cold and damp days.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Same here...If is very cold, is making ice in interior...after start the heat, is ok.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't have a glass roof on mine but if there is a blind, I suggest you close it and this will help.
On the Skoda Yeti I'm told the blind closes automatically so this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
540 Posts
As Geoff says, the blind should really be closed overnight when it's cooler, and yes a friend has a Yeti with the glass roof and the blind closes automatically when it gets down to 2C from memory.

·
Registered
398 Posts
IN PUG 2008 was put a switch that you must keep pressed to move the sunroof...A design error that I don't understand, as a window switch with double command is not expensive...I usually stay with sunroof closed, opened only when is raining or night...or a beautiful sun in summer...as the glass from roof and windows is special thermic glass at me, so the sun is not too hot and can stay with sunroof open in midday...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My blind is open 99% of the time and I always have the air-con and climate control on. I don't have condensation problems either.

I still reckon that if you have dripping condensation problems then you must have a leak somewhere.

My daughter's Renault Clio had similar condensation problems when we bought it but that was because the sunroof seal leaked (common problem). We replaced the seal and it's been fine ever since.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont think it's seal problem. Its just hot air in car hitting cold air outside via sunroof. I have a van whose roof has no lining and drips condensation much.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is not about leak...the effect is similar with the one when you take a glass from hot air and put it in cold air...is making mist and water drops.If close the sunroof, the air barrier is efficient and does not make any of this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts