Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
ah thanks for this, I've been waiting for it to appear on their site. I usually end up speccing too much though!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm afraid it's just you.

Select the Diesel option when choosing engines.

You will see one with EGC (Electronic Gear Control). That is the automatic.

Good luck.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave. Yes that's what I chose as my wife wanted an auto.

The Feline 1.6 diesel has more power** than the 1.6 Allure.

I ordered a 1.6 Allure with EGC and added Leather, Glass Roof and Sat-Nav to bring it up to the Mistral spec plus I added Park Assist.

All adds up to a really nice package.

Good luck.

Al.

PS: ** note that if you are comparing the 0-60 times then the 1.6 EGC is shown using 'auto' mode. Using the manual mode may shave a bit off.

I had the same EGC system on a car 4 years ago and it works really well. Even if you leave it in 'auto' you can still override it by using the steering wheel paddles ie: like dropping a gear ready for overtaking.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
allan40alt said:
The Feline 1.6 diesel has more power** than the 1.6 Allure, but there's not a lot in it.

I beg to differ: I would consider the difference between 92 bhp and 115 bhp significant.

It's quite disappointing that the EGC gearbox is not available with the 115 bhp engine.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I may be wrong but I am sure that the 208 is available with EGC and 115bhp.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, you're correct, I'd much prefer the 115bhp engine, but alas it's only 92bhp with the EGC selection.

The 1.6 115bhp makes it a fraction under 3 seconds faster 0-60, but I guess the real plus is the extra pulling power when you drop a gear with the extra torque.

You also get that marvellous Grip Control system which, unfortunately, you can't have with EGC.

You're also correct that the 208 is available with a choice of 92bhp with EGC and 115bhp with EGC (depending on model).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts