Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I am considering purchasing the 1.6 e-HDi and have taken a limited test drive. I have a few questions. Hope someone can answer some or all of them!

1) I took a drive at night and found the blue lights around the instrument cluster to be distracting. Can this be disabled? What is the process and is the setting permanent?

2) Also related, I found the infotainment display a little bright at night. I tend to prefer minimal lighting where possible. Of course coming from a 10 year old car, things are much less simple now!

I saw that the screen can be disabled by going through the settings but it was a little convoluted. How are people finding this in real life?

Do you need to increase the brightness by day and decrease it by night?

3) How is the power and performance of the diesel? Is it fun to drive?

4) How is the manual transmission? I tried an auto.

Many thanks for any answers in advance :)

Mer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi well you can pick the trim spec that doesn't have the blue gauge trim lighting, cheaper and less diddly than disabling it. Lol! Yes the touch screen can be dimmed and screen switched off altogether. The process is straight forward really and the manual does a good job of explaining it. Like mobiles you should only alter it stationary or before setting off as messing whilst driving is a sure disaster in waiting. But I really like it and it adds to he whole premium vehicle status. As for the drive , I love it, it's comfy well balanced and handles like a dream plus the 1.6 ehdi returns amazing mpg - I'm currently on 67.2 after 1350mls combined. I think that's superb. I can't comment on the manual as I only have my left leg and use the egc variant- a semi auto box of sorts. Did you try the auto or the EGC transmissions as I think they drive worlds apart from each other. I prefer the EGC as its much more 'driver engaging' don't forget also that the best fuel economy is achieved with the EGC versions - unlike true auto box which uses more than manual.
I find the one I have is great around town as it nips around superbly. The deisel has plenty of low gear torque and is ample for the quick pull out or power on to avoid things. On a mway its faultless. Great mpg plenty of power and can pick its feet up and kick a bit. I had an a4 dawdling on a longish approach slip and he tried to leave me by hard accelerating- I flipped my wee paddle down and give it a bit of a pedal squeeze and found myself way out in front and approaching 90mph before I'd even got on the mway! I'd go the deisel egc route with the 2008 mate and the 92bhp is ample for A whole range of driving conditions. As you can tell I'm totally smitten with mine she's my new bint according to the wife! Oh get it in nimbus grey with Tokyo trim spec-IT'S GORGEOUS. I have the active spec and think its fine - I had a fully loaded 3008 and they were gimmicks and gadgets - I prefer to have the odd perk and enjoy my driving - not into fancy interior lights or mood lighting etc - I'm not a sunroof guy either and elec windows in the back is not a concern as I will never frequent it so I'm alright jack - I have it in the front!! That's it I think hope I answers your queries and helped a tad. Edited by: DADEETS

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Regarding the blue dials surround; these can be dimmed or turned off using the small button immediately in front of the centre.

It remembers your selection but it's simple to adjust by successive taps.

Al.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response! Sounds like you are loving your 2008.

Yeah, I agree with you about not getting that trim level if I don't want to use it. Unfortunately the range offered in Australia is more limited than over there. Active is only available in petrol, and only 1.2 with manual.

I was interested in having the grip control and diesel. This only comes in the "outdoor" model. (Diesel with highest trim.)

Not sure which type of auto it was. But ultimately am looking for a manual transmission. Not even sure the EGC is available here.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Allan! Sounds like what I am after. I saw that button in the manual but I couldn't tell if it was referring to the dials (instruments) themselves or the blue LED line which borders the entire cluster.

Just to be clear, is it the border only?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes it is for the blue led surround lighting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Allan!

Does your centre button change the intensity of the blue led surround lighting?I only havetwo optionswith mine- on and off???

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes, it has a 4 push cycle: off, low, med, high.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ooh mine doesn't work then! I've tested it again today - definitely just on & off. Oh well, never mind. Think I can live with that. Thanks Allan xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just been out to have another play about. The centre button is definitely just a two push cycle on mine, ie. on & off - but after looking at your attached diagram I pressed the button to the left (A) and this one dims/brightens my blue led surround lighting. Just shows you keep learning new things about your car the longer you have it (and I have read right through the manuala couple of times ha ha!)

Thanks again Allan xx

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Sorry; when I said 'immediately in front of the centre' I should have said 'immediately in front of the centre display'.

Glad you got it sorted.

Al.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the 1.6 hdi 115 and i love the performance it has plenty of pull up hills an more than enough poke when you put your foot down, i had a 2ltr chevvy before this and i thought i was going to miss its power but i dont which i think is a good thing considering the mpg difference.

As everyone has said you can turn down all the interior lighting to your own
levels.

I Love the clutch it is so smooth and the gears are great, occasionally i cant get back into 3rd from 5th but thats me as the last box was really close and tight.Edited by: tontinuk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts