Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving last night l had turn at T junction with a shop opposite, l noticed when turned steering wheel only one my fog lights came on in the direction l turned, but only one is this right? Never noticed before

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, this is what it is supposed to do. Some find it annoying because it gives the outside impression of a faulty light, but this is the way it works.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, I had a look at this a few weeks ago as I was sitting in a queue of traffic with my right indicator on. I could see my lights reflected in the back of the car in front and only the right side round light (fog light) was on and not the left. My first thought was that a bulb was out...

Last week I watched a 2008 reverse into a parking space opposite me - as they straightened the car in the space (by then back in a forward gear) their front fog lights were flashing like disco lights, it looked very odd....Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stupid system and fast way to blow bulbs

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mik207 said:

it is a pointless gimmick but its not likely to cause blown bulbs. Other than in comparison with fog lights that are rarely used anyway.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus didn't see any difference in lighting

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mik207 said:
It won't blow the bulbs, they light and dim slowly and they certainly take less abuse than a brake bulb or indicator, for example.

I thought it would be a gimmick but actually find it very useful - it operates below 40km/h either by turning the wheel or operating the indicator when dipped beam is on; it deactivates on Peugeot's and Citroen's when you go into reverse too.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I did say pointless gimmick but it does at least put your fog lights to use, which is a result given that it's a rare event to have legal legitimate need to use them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a feature that many manufacturers apply.My other car (a FIAT) also has that system, and it's a common thing nowadays.
I find it quite useful on parking lots with poor lightning.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with Frank and Paolo. I thought it was useless until the first time I had to take a tight turn on an unlit dirt road.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I get fed up with people telling me that one of my lights are not working. I had a Toyota with this feature but on that the light actually shone around to the way you were turning as the light was mounted on the outside of the wing.. Mine, on the 2008,just shines straight ahead. Totally useless.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Alan,

totally agree about them shining straight ahead, madam pointed out the other day as she was driving in on the drive she said the front fog lights were flashing on and off!!

I think you'd be better going to Argos and getting a couple of those "Trillion Watt" hand held torches and tying them to the door mirrors and then as you turned left or right you could switch them on and off. What do you think.

It has to better than tying your handbag to the rear view mirror or anything else for that matter.

PS It's good to see you haven't lost your love for the car even after all these years.!!!

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
273 Posts
Did I mention that I would probably consider another vehicle when my lease is finished.. I probably did. I only chose it because I thought 'her indoors' would drive it but it terrifies her and so I will have to think of something else. This is a bag of nails. Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
No.It's to illuminate the curb.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well it just confuses everyone and is possibly illegal. I believe that for many years now spotlights can only be used in specific bad visibility situations and always in matched pairs. There is also a regulation regarding how high the centre of the lights must be above the road surface.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Pilot said:
Well it just confuses everyone and is possibly illegal. I believe that for many years now spotlights can only be used in specific bad visibility situations and always in matched pairs. There is also a regulation regarding how high the centre of the lights must be above the road surface.

This certainly was the case but I suspect that the rules have been changed as the car would never have passed type approval otherwise. This feature exists on many cars too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
One can see an increase in illumination when one turns said steering wheel, but it is just that an increase in illumination.

n fact this week I only noticed it because I happened to be behind another driver turning right and I saw the reflection in the rear of his car!!

Not the most illuminating of lights one would say, hey hum

·
Registered
540 Posts
uncletone said:
One can see an increase in illumination when one turns said steering wheel, but it is just that an increase in illumination. 
I imagined they had spent some time going through all the options "should it dance the light fandango" one engineer asked, "No, it ought to make a sonorous noise" responded another - a third piped in with "perhaps it should help the owner ride a horse?" but in the end they settled on the conclusion that a light should increase illumination.

Crazy mentalists.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imagine that a light that illuminates?????? Whatever next? An indicator that flashes? A horn that makes a sound when used? Or or or what about a lock when you put in a key and turn it the lick opens???? What a car that would be

1 - 20 of 23 Posts