Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the purchase of my 64 reg 2008 1.2 vti allure in November 2015, the drivers seat has emitted constant "creaks". It occurs when changing gear, driving over bumps/sleeping policemen, turning corners etc etc, in fact it constantly creaks with annoying regularity. It has been "examined" by the Peugeot dealer without improvement, and is back in the dealers next week for further "investigation". Anyone else having/had similar problems?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Stop eating beans !!! :))))Now, as for the seat, if you stay without driving, engine off, and move forw-backw-left-right...does it makes any sounds?
Also check the cable under seat that goes to sensor for presence and the one for heating seat if you have...maybe is moving and is touching the metal part of seat...and makes a clack noise at bumps.

If is not from this, maybe have a pipe under the car that ismoving in clips...

Ask to put the car on elevator... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi George, I do like beans, but I can assure you it isn't that!
Even when engine off, sitting on my drive, by moving my backside back and forth, side to side etc, the seat still creaks. There are no cables underneath to cause the noise, it is without doubt from inside the seat. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2014 2008 Feline Mistral and I too have a really creaking drivers seat which is beginning to make me regret choosing this car. I have taken it to the peugeot dealer in Plymouth but the obviously deaf technician claims to have not heard anything, unlike myself, my wife and any passengers we carry. If anyone knows the source of this I'd be very grateful.
Dave.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have the creaking drivers seat, its driving me insane, it creaks and squeaks like crazy every time you move in the seat and also the seat cover on the base is coming all loose , the car is a 65 plate 120 bluehdi allure model yet looking at the loose base cover it looks like a 15 year old car
Have got it booked in at the dealers this wk for the 2nd time about this problem and will insist that they fix it this time will let you know how i go on regards pennine bantam

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how you get on this week Bantam. I'm going to book it in again as it's getting a lot worse and you'd have to be stone deaf not to hear it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's going in on wed, will make a post on wed evening,I don't even have to sit on the seat to replicate the noise I just have to push the bottom of the seat back to make it squeak like a budgie !!
I can tell where the problem on mine is coming from its the foam padding on the side seat bolster that must rub against the frame I believe.also the base seat cover is loose it looks like one of those lived in sofa types. And not a new car.
Not looking good so far for build quality , not when I combine the very poor mpg, and terrible engine refinement from the bluehdi,I can feel horrible diesel vibration throughout the cabin at all times, don't think I will be buying another unless it grows on me

·
Registered
61 Posts
How many miles on the car, pennine ? Did the problem appear randomly or progressively ? Also, what's your MPG ?Edited by: alex2jz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi just 2800 miles, I think the seat problem became apparent almost from new really, have had into the dealers,where I was told,that thought that they could hear it, and they were sure it would (bed in) !!!
The noise and irritation it causes me to really dislike the car, having a new car should be a pleasure not a pain !
Fuel consumption on the 2800 miles is 47.8 mpg which is a huge disappointment to me as I changed to this car from a Citroen ds4 with the superb Peugeot 2.0 Diesel engine in which I averaged 47 mpg over 38000 miles , and the performance and refinement of the engine put the blue hdi to shame ! I also previously owned a Peugeot 308 with a superb 110 Diesel engine engine which was also much superior in every aspect to the new blue hdi unit
I think that this will be my last Peugeot diesel if this blue technology is supposed to be the way forward,the only advantage I have gained is paying no road tax for the new clean technology. Progress I don't think it's for me

·
Registered
61 Posts
I understand your upset. I have also had a dash vibration noise, almost from new. Fortunately and strangely it went away after/during winter.

I average 51 - 52 MPG after the first 8000 miles, which isn't what the official specifications state (but Peugeot has already come forward giving "real life" condition FC for the BlueHDi Engine). However, it is a slight improvement over the 207 1.6 HDi 110 i previously had, which averaged around 47 MPG in the same conditions. All manufacturers give lower consumption in their specifications anyway, so Peugeot coming forward and giving real life values is nice.

As for refinement, i have also noticed a regress vs the previous 1.6 HDi 110 engine, but i don't think it's specific to the new BlueHDI units, but also on the E-HDI ones, where the design of the engine was changed (8V vs 16V previous generations). Now the BlueHDI engines also use very thin oil 0w-30 for emission and FC purposes. It's not as refined at lower revs compared to the old engine, but once you get over 1800 RPM it gets better and all those 300NM are nice, especially on a car as light as a 2008.

The new engines are run very clean compared to the old ones and comply with the very stringent Euro 6 norm, which of course all of these achievements come with some draw backs too.

Hope you get the seat fixed fast !

Edited by: alex2jz

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the creaking seat on my last car a Nissan, It drove me mental . It turned out to be the material "padding"lodged in the mechanism which was forcing two pieces of metal to expand and contract. The only way to fix it was to completely disassemble the seat.
I also had a creak on the dash with this 2008 but I have traced andsolved it this weekend. I am 6ft2" so I have the steering column raised right up to give my knees a bit of room. Ithas beenrubbing on the dash and creaking. I lowered it fully , cleaned all the dust and tiny bits of debris out and raised it again and the problem is totallygone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi alex thank you for the very clear and helpful information regarding my dislikes of the blue hdi engines, however i fear my long lasting love affair with peugeot diesels,will be over when time comes to change my 2008.
I think i will be going back to petrol power unless peugeot can re modify the new clean diesel units to running like the smooth powerful and refined units that i so love of recent peugeot heritage.
It may be that i have been very unlucky and landed a end of shift friday afternoon built model,but cant overstate how disappointed i am in the new engine, as you say it improves higher up the rev counter, but even then i keep wondering where all the horses have gone !! I drive my daughters 1.2 208 puretech 82 bhp regulary and i think its every bit as quick as my 120 blue unit in every way .
I feel gutted really as i thought the 2008 was going to be my favorite ever pug
But never with this engine
Regards pennine bantamEdited by: pennine bantam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well had the car in at Peugeot dealer today for the creaking seat,where I showed the mechanic the problem,
When I push the bottom of the seat back you can play a tune almost the squeak is that bad, when driving it drives you insane
Anyway when I collected the car tonight I was told by the service receptionist that it had been checked out and although there was a noise,they had checked out other 2008' s and they all did it !!!.
I was enraged by this explanation and asked to see the manager,
Handily there was a 2008 in the showroom right by the service reception where I demonstrated to him that not all the 2008 s squeaked as we pushed and prodded both seats without any trace of a squeak, whereas my car makes a noise like a demented budgie.
It was agreed between us to book the car in again where they will now strip the seat down to investigate further, which I had presumed that's what they would have done today.
So as of yet am still no further than I have been after 5 months with a built in budgie and 3 visits to the dealer with the problem, it probably looks like I shall have to try another dealer if no joy on my next appointment
Will report back again ,as I am determined to have what I consider a very bad problem resolved.
Regards steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry to hear this Steve, it's typical of some dealerships fobbing you off without doing anything about the issue.
Have you tried spraying an oil based lubricant into and along the seat runners & rails & mechanismsunder the seat? Sometimes the components go dry and need lubricating, no morenoise once it's done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi thanks for the advice on curing the seat,
It's not the underside of the seat that's causing the problem with the creak/squeak, it's coming from the side bolster when you put any pressure on the seat back it pulls against the side bolster and that's where it's coming from if I put pressure on the bolster in a certain place it stops the squeaking completely.
If the car wasn't so new (5 months) and under warranty I would have a go at stripping the seat down and finding the problem myself. But I am regarding it as a matter of principle now to get my dealer to fix it, as it has done it from new now really.
It is my first ever new car and sadly not just because of the seat ( read my other posts, poor mpg ,performance, refinement etc) I have been very disappointed so far ! And that's from a very loyal Peugeot fan.
I can only hope the car grows on me
Regards steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well my creaking seat has finally been fixed by my local dealer, pentagon keighley,
The fix was to strip the seat down,and they added extra padding between the seat back wings and frame
Hallelujah at last I can at last sit comfortably without looking around for the escaped budgie.
Only problem was, that they loaned me as a courtesy car a 1.2 puretech 108 , this only confirmed to me how poor the 120 hdi engine is, in my allure blue hdi, the little petrol engine in the 108 amazed me with its power and smoothness, a totally different class to my unrefined diesel.
I can only imagine that the 110 and 130 engines are even better, when it's time to change cars my long love affair with Peugeot diesels will be over

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well my creaking seat has finally been fixed by my local dealer, pentagon keighley,
The fix was to strip the seat down,and they added extra padding between the seat back wings and frame
Hallelujah at last I can at last sit comfortably without looking around for the escaped budgie.
Only problem was, that they loaned me as a courtesy car a 1.2 puretech 108 , this only confirmed to me how poor the 120 hdi engine is, in my allure blue hdi, the little petrol engine in the 108 amazed me with its power and smoothness, a totally different class to my unrefined diesel.
I can only imagine that the 110 and 130 engines are even better, when it's time to change cars my long love affair with Peugeot diesels will be over

1 - 17 of 17 Posts