Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to select cruise control today on the way to work and the speed selection line just flashed and would not turn. Tried on the way home and worked fine. Has anyone experienced a similar problem.Hopefully it's just a gremlin rather than a problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Car manual says that "In order (for the cruise control) to be programmed or activated, the vehicle speed must be higher than 25 mph (40 km/h), with at least 4th gear engaged on a manual gearbox (2nd gear on an electronic gearbox)." (page 18) Was that your case?

·
Registered
72 Posts
got to say I don't like the cruise control, no problem turning on but turning off is just weird, most cars you touch the accelerator and it disables this doesn't, it let's you go faster and does not disable.

I love the speed limiter for the 50mph roadworks on the motorway though.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Totaly wrong !The cruise control is disabling automatically if
- press the top botton from cruise control paddel
- press the brake

Both cases it will disable the cruise control.
Even beter, if you are a laizy one, and want to speed up without using the acceleration...(and you have automatic), just press the top botton from cruise padel again and enable the previous speed... I love this one...just switches gears and accelerate at cruise speed using the computer..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not really wrong - tontinuk was talking about cruise control not being disabled when touching acceleration pedal, and it's true, it doesn't disable then - it lets you speed up (well, actually, if you press it firmly), and when you depress it it goes back to previously set speed.

Which, personally, I really like - makes it easier to overtake, and still stick to preprogrammed speed right after it's finished.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Oh...this ...Yes...indeed, but I believe this is very good thinking...is normal in my opinion to let you accelerate if want to get in front of a truck or something, and after to resume the set speed... I used this on highway, and is very pleasant.

Edited by: george2104

·
Registered
72 Posts
Except when you just touch the accelerator and your expecting it to disable and as start to slow down, and it doesn't.

I'm not talking dangerous just not like any other cruise control that I have had in the past.

I did have to slam the brakes on with cc on and I have big feet and they are small pedals so I caught the accel""¦ .you can imagine the panick it caused. Lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes, this can be good for your heart...you can find out if you are healthy or with heart diseases :)))))

·
Registered
540 Posts
tontinuk said:
got to say I don't like the cruise control,  no problem turning on but turning off is just weird,  most cars you touch the accelerator and it disables this doesn't, it let's you go faster and does not disable. 

I love the speed limiter for the 50mph roadworks on the motorway though. 
I've used cruise on a multitude of cars and accelerating never disables it - clutch and brake will but when accelerating the car will always drop back to the pre-set speed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think the cruise control is the same as any other make I have driven. Using the throttle allows a temporary increase in speed to pass other vehicles and releasing it allows the vehicle to resume the preset speed.. Disabling always occurs by either switching cc off or using the foot brake. I have many issues with uncommanded actions with the ecg ,start stop, hill start assist, but the cc is fine and works like any other.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think the cruise control operation is spot on.With it enabled I can override the speed by accelerating and release the throttle to return to the defined cruise speed, if I need to disable it (normally to slow) all I have to do is brake or push the button.

I find it dead handy for motorways and tend to stick it on and just tap the up and down buttons to keep the speed right for the traffic.Interestingly BMW systems (as I am told) only step in 5mph steps so you can't do this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I doubt BMW systems would operate at 5mph intervals.

Btw the speed limiter also works as it should in the 2008, on 1mph increments or if you keep the button(s) pressed in 5mph increments, great for local traffic to limit the speed to the road speed - which you have to set.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Today with a Ford - cruise control- same settings like Peugeot...if accelerate, will resume the cruise speed, and not disable it.It seems fine by me this settings...and very logical.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got the car into the garage. Computer showing stop switch mismatch, which prevents selection of the speed hold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts