Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new here and have my 2008 for few days now. I can't understand why there is no cup- holder. it's a basic part in every car, don't you think so?
Is the 208 cup-holder fits for the 2008 or has anyone here found a cup-holder for the 2008 that fits?
Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think there's one standard in the Allure. It's a plastic insert in the cubbyhole I front of the gear lever. We took ours out as we found it got in the way for storage of larger items. So I suggest you check out an Allure at the dealership and you should be able to order one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,In Israel we have 2008 Active (my car - 1.6L Automat) and Premium. I didn't seethis plastic cup-holder in any model here, but the sales person said that the 208 cup-holder should fit. Very Strange... Anyway I have just recieved from Peugeot Israel parts that there is such part:

Is this what you have?

Thanks for your replay

Yair.

Edited by: Yair O

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'll probably
buy it form them.Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Peugeot don't seem big on cup holders in my experience. None of the small Peugeots I've had have ever had cup holders in useable positions. This one in the 2008 isn't really any better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is always the down side in pugs, storage space why they stopped the under seat storage in the 206 still a sore pointEdited by: Mik207

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's not a great cup holder,you can only put a coke can in it or a small coffee.it won.t take anything bigger otherwise it's lean at a angle & rattle if you like small drinks it is fine,anything bigger u be wasting your money if u buy it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We usually
drink coffee or tea
from disposable cups. I'll take your advice and check the size before I'll pay.Hope they will fit.. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

You can see the gap between the cup holders so what was said about two coke cans is right.

Any cup that fans outto a widertop will not fit properly and could easily topple.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I must say I am a little disappointed from Peugeot because of the Lack of the cup-holder and the armrest.
For us it's quite important.

I was sure that it can be easily solved, now I see that the only solution for the cup-holder is the one Peugeot produce and sell for an expensive price and from what I hear from you guys it's not realy a good one, and as for the armrest, Peugeot have none.

I bought the cup-holder today and will get it tomorrow, I hope we can get along with it..

Thanks

Yair

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dealer showed me the extras price list before I put my order and there was an arm rest (115 euros in Greece). I am not sure how good it is compared to the ones many here bought from Italy...

As for the cup holder, I have ordered an Allure so it is in its standard equipment and I also drink from disposable cups, so please let us know how practical it is.

P.S. Dont let small details like this let you down. I think we have made a fine choice...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<div id="gt--tools"><div id="gt--tools-l"><div ="trans-roman- goog-toolbar-" id="gt--roman" role="" aria-="true" aria-pressed="false" style="display: none;" aria-label="Read phonetically" unable="on" -tooltip-align="t,c" -tooltip="Read phonetically">

<div ="trans-listen- goog-toolbar-" id="gt--listen" role="" aria-="true" aria-pressed="false" style="display: none;" aria-label="Listen" unable="on" -tooltip-align="t,c" -tooltip="Listen">

Hi skipper mike, today I recieved the cup-holder and as allan40alt wrote here above it's quite small for 2 large cups as you can see in the pictures.
Another problem is that in same place there is also the 12V socket and the USB port/auxiliary socket all
in the same place so it's a bit crowded there...

btw I only said I'm a little disappointed from Peugeot, don't worry we still love this car it's only those little things that bugs us...

Hope that helps..
Yair

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks OK. I never had a car with cup holders able to fit 2 cups. They always fit one cup or 2 bottles of water or 2 soda cans. I hope that its practical to reach the cup and not stretch too much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We also own Ford Focus and no problems there, the cup-holder is big and located in a perfect place. We owned till recent, Renault Megane, also no cup-holder problem.. as for reaching the cup-holder in the 2008 it depend how tall you are and if the seat is pushed all the way back...

·
Registered
7 Posts
< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/">
Hi I have the allure and definitely wanted a cup holder as my old 206 didn't have one! However the cup holder only holds a small cup and I drink out of a big one so it doesn't fit!! I put my cup in the central compartment and slide the closer to hold it still - it works great!! Drink cans and small bottles are probably OK in the cup holder

·
Registered
398 Posts
The cup holders in front are for small-medium coffee cans, coke, sprite, and so on... for bottles you use the armrest or the door place...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts