Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2008 active 1.6 hdi ECG today and was totally shocked to find no cup holder at all!

What is that about? I am aware I've opted for a cheaper specification but surely a cup holder is not too much to ask for?

I knew it didn't come with alloys, still haven't made my mind up about the steel wheel covers. I've got the car on a lease from work and hope I won't be disappointed. I'm coming from a Nissan Juke which I loved but fancied something different.

Funny though after picking it up popped into petrol station and it took me literally 10 mins to work out how to release the handbrake. I have got it now then

Never had an auto either (I am aware it's a clutchless manual) and am so far enjoying it, even though I've only done 30 miles.

What do I do about the cup holder debacle? Might have to search eBay tonight for solutions

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you not have space for two cups under the fan controls

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
tontinuk said:
Have you tried putting a cup in them?

·
Registered
107 Posts
burty said:
tontinuk said:
Have you tried putting a cup in them?
Very true I took the holder far more use now and the ambient light now actually lights the cubby hole up

·
Registered
72 Posts
Both me and the wife use small 250 - 330ml bottles of drink, they fit perfectly especially as they are not as tall as the normal 500ml.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The only bottle I found so far fit is the kids Robinsons fruit shoots. I found the 330ml ones I tried still fit at a angle and might rattle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it is funny what we get used to. I'm so a cup of coffee man in the car, so I guess for the next 3 years I'll be driving much safer as I won't be swigging my coffee and driving :-D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn, my pint of lager doesnt fit in there so I guess I better wait til I get home.....!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have found that the two little "cup holders" that you refer to under the heater controls are actually where I keep my clip on sun glasses!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I manage to keep my clip-ons hooked under the little clip on the sun visor. I think its for paper or tickets but I just slide one lens of the clip on under it and push the sun visor up again.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi,
You can always put 250ml water in doors, guys, it fits ok.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Many moons ago I had a Citroen AX and they had a pocket in the front doors for a bottle of wine! Sadly missed!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Christian said:
...and bottles of 500ml in doors <span style="line-height: 1.4;">:)</span>
Except they fall over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts