Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just (4th September 2014) ordered a 2008Active PureTech 1.2VTi 82 in Cumulus Grey with factory fitted sat-nav and rear parking sensors+folding mirror.

It is obviously a 'built to order' model, but my dealer has assured me that it will be a September 2004 build. (Another dealer said that October was the earliest!)

They have promised to contact me once they receive an actual build
datefrom Peugeot, which I assume could in fact be right at the end of the month, although I am naturally hoping it will be sooner.

How long should I then have to wait before the care arrives on the dealer's forecourt... based on the experiences of any other recent buyers on here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I have a horrible feeling that you could be right!

They couldn't be bothered to return my phone call, and are now talking about an October build!

I will be talking to their Sales Manager within the next day or so, as I do not feel that I am being treated as a valued customer.

My wife purchased a Ford Fiesta from the same company last year, and we couldn't fault them, but unfortunately the salesman we dealt with then is no longer with them.

The only upside at the moment is the good deal I was able to negotiate, but I would like to know when I will actually be able to take delivery of my new car!

P.S. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for yours... at least you know that it is at least in this country!

Edited by: Montala

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think its Peugeot policy that stinks. Salesmen and managers are just covering up as they have to meet sales targets. Could you imagine if the car was poor how long they would last.
I know my car is in England. Or maybe in Belfast for a short time. I expect handover no later than next Wednesday. Any time before that will be a bonus. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Feline Mistral 115 ehdi took 2 months from order to me driving it away. My dealership, Vospers in Plymouth where great throughout and kept me informed at every stage. I've had it for 6 weeks now and love it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess you guys in the UK are still lucky; probably you have a higher quota from Peugeot. :)Here in Hungary I ordered on 6/20, got an email today saying build date around 9/30, pickup in late October.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats 4 months. Mine is over 3 months wait and I dont have it yet. So not so much difference. What did you order friend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It'll be a 1.6VTi Active in Bianca White, with foldable mirrors and parking sensors...I thought it's nothing special but it seems that Peugeot under-estimated the demand for 2008.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I waited four months from June to October for delivery of mine last year. But I thought that Peugeot had improved supply times since last year. Actually I think on the whole they have improved. I appreciate that this doesn't help those that are waiting.

Colleagues of mine who have ordered new German cars report a minimum of 6 months delivery.

·
Registered
540 Posts
szucspe said:
It'll be a 1.6VTi Active in Bianca White, with foldable mirrors and parking sensors...I thought it's nothing special but it seems that Peugeot under-estimated the demand for 2008.
It is very special, they no longer offer this model in the UK!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haha, then I'd stop complaining. :) I can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

2008MAN, don't forget to let us know your thoughts after Wednesday with some photos as well.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered Feline Mistral with a couple of optional extras on 9th July.
Picking her up on 27th September.
So 11.5 weeks but this included the factory shut down in August so could be quicker for others.

·
Registered
192 Posts
But I think longer for others. And be prepared for longer wait. I was promised 18th as pick up eventually but actually picking up tomorrow 24th at last. Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
17 inch wheels are standard on the Feline (IIRC).

16 on other trim levels I think?

I reckon the car would look good on some much bigger wheels myself (ignoring any suspension clearance issues).

1 - 20 of 79 Posts