Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just received my new 1.2vti Active on Friday and have noticed a really odd issue with the DAB radio.

I am finding that when listening to a broadcast it appears to 'slow down' then 'speed up' randomly much like when streaming a video. Happens quite a lot and in different areas/different stations.

Thinking a trip back to the dealer but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

Had problems pairing a Samsung S3 Mini using bluetooth too (worked perfectly on a normal S3) but will do some more investigation on that.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Depending on how the particular digital signal processor works, if the error rate goes up there is potential for it to seem that the playing has slowed down, although more typically the audio would drop out altogether.What I have noticed is that the processor is a maybe as much as a second behind that of the cheap DAB radio that i use in my garage, which is a surprise but could be due to improved processing.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
coedkernew said:

Had problems pairing a Samsung S3 Mini using bluetooth too (worked perfectly on a normal S3) but will do some more investigation on that.

Any feedback appreciated.

I have the Samsung S3 Mini also and it paired instantly without any problems whatsoever.

Each time I turn on the ignition it immediately links.

What problems occurred when you tried to pair? Did you make your S3 Mini 'discoverable'?

Al.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies both.

I'll keep an eye on the DAB issue - If it continues then I'll get the car back to Peugeot (but am not expecting a particularly helpful response!)

With regards to the phone issue, the car was 'seeing' the S3 mini but wasn't coming up with the option of phone, only music streaming. It also kept disconnecting. When I tried with the S3 (doing the same process) it just worked straight away. It asked if I wanted to sync the contacts etc.

Will have another go when I get a sec. I think that's going to be an easier issue to fix than the DAB one, I can see that one giving me grief for a while yet! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - Phone deleted and reconnected ok.

DAB issue still happening and is really odd...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Keep an eye on the signal strength when the DAB radio appears to play slowly or drops out. Make a mental note if it happens always in the same locations. DAB coverage isn't national for all stations and signal strength varies significantly dependent on location; problems are likely when signal strength is low. There are some good resources on the web on DAB coverage, I will post some links when I get the chance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It would also be worth turning off the auto Dab FM tracking as you may be experiencing the switching from digital to analogue and back again in weak signal areas. If it is not that at least you can be sure it is just the Dab radio.

Mac.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

The default was for the DAB not to revert to FM in areas of no reception so it can't have been that. I was driving back from London along the M4 when I first noticed it. It must be something to do with signal strength but just seems really odd that it slows down and speeds up randomly. I would have expected drop outs for areas of poor reception (which it does) but not the slowing down thing, if anything, that's even more irritating! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I seem to have this problem with the DAB radio and I have noticed it happens when I receive a text message on my phone so possible interference ??

·
Registered
60 Posts
When tuned to a DAB radio station I get on screen text information about the radio station and music track playing but I do not get a picture of the radio station in the small box on the right hand side of the screen. However when I link my I phone and play music the box does show the album cover.
Is this normal or am I missing something?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Normal to be honest.

What annoys me a little (and just me being picky) is why they don't utilise the dash screen a liitle more. It is an 'active' screen so they can display what they want on it. For the DAB, I wish it would display more than just the station name and 'MEM X'. The display the song and artist on the centre screen and sure it would not be that hard to display the artist and title on the dash display. Same goes for USB - it could display the song name and artist rather than just 'track x'.

This would avoid looking left when you want to check the artist and track etc.

Other thing I am sure they could do that would improve the system is to display the speed camera alerts on the dash console rather than on the left hand side of the display. It does things like ice alerts on the dash display, so sure they could do this other stuff too.

And I would love a louder 'ping' on all the alerts, some are barely audible. My 207 used to scare the **** out of me when it had an ice warning or lower fuel etc !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
TrevorB said:
And I would love a louder 'ping' on all the alerts, some are barely audible. My 207 used to scare the **** out of me when it had an ice warning or lower fuel etc !!!!!!!
I think I agree with your other comments but I find the speed alert ping easily loud enough and definitely wouldn't want it any louder.To be honest although it can be useful if you are in an unfamiliar area but I actually find it quite intrusive most of the time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe then the answer is an 'alert volume' option
!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts