Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!!

Anyone else have any issues with DAB reception cutting out in random places whilst out and about?
At first the reception was pretty good but recently it goes dead for anything up to two minutes before cutting back in. Only to then become very intermittent. Turning the system off and on again does nothing, nor does re-tuning the stations.

First thought was it must just be bad coverage in my area, but I don't know anyone else who has a problem. Friends who drive a Fiesta and a Mokka never have the same issues I am getting. The only thing I can think is it might be the Ariel, so I've ordered one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-207-307-308-607-1007-Short-Bullet-Aerial-Antenna-Mast-65mm-M5-6561N3/222538199647?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 and will see if things improve.

Anyone else had similar issues? (I'm based in Hampshire)

Cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
I’m going to stick my neck out here but I have recently read in the Honest John agony pages about an issue with some DAB receivers being affected by an unknown radio transmitter somewhere in the south of England.
It may well be what is happening with you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Moon, am confused as I thought our cars had the aerial built into the rear (??) glass

So am interested to know where you are going to screw this stubby in....keep the reply clean please! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, my ariel is at the rear of the roof and just unscrews, will let you know if there is any improvement and if it's worth changing.

DAB radio in my kitchen works fine, no problem. Car parked outside my house, zero reception. If I find this large transmitter I am going to ram it and build a coronavirus shelter in the new forest. PM me if you want a place, must bring own tins of soup.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts