Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!

I am collecting my 2008 at the weekend (can't wait). I have a dashboard camera, that I had fitted in my current car, which I removed last night.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience with fitting one in their 2008?

I had it positioned behind the rear view mirror, and tucked the cable in behind the ceiling trim and down the inside of the door arch. Not sure how easy this will be on the 2008 though.

Kind Regards

Chris

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi I fitted a dash cam next to rear view mirror,pushed the cable in the head lining and down by the screen. I I then went edge of the dash by the steering and down to console socket..easy enough but I guess it is taste, I could have carried on down under the mat and up.The cable on view by switches don't bother me

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have also fitted a dash-cam, just a few days ago. Similar installation to Pete's, but just below the rear view mirror - I ran the cable to the passenger side of the car in a very similar way and plugged it into a 'cup-holder, double power socket' type of device so that I can still use the stand-alone SatNav as well.

Today I have travelled to Hope Cove in South Devon from near Christchurch in Dorset and arrived to find another 2008 already in the car park of this holiday complex of about 24 cottages. Not yet identified the owner, but hope to do so.

Rather a wet journey and my beautiful Bianca White car is very dirty - will address that in the morning.

Evader

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi this is off topic but when did you order your 2008 if your picking up the weekend I ordered mine start of march they said build date is 17th march but they haven't said about delivery

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered it on the 24th January. I was quoted 4 months initially... but clearly that hasn't been the case.

I didn't pick it up as planned on Saturday - but I am getting it tomorrow night. Something unexpected came up at the end of last week - these things always seem to have a knack of happening at the worst moments!

Edited by: Pope87

1 - 5 of 5 Posts