Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 'black one' had it's 1000 (well 1300!) check today. Asked the dealer a few things so thought I'd share them - probably just confirms a few things mentioned elsewhere here:

(a) sticky brakes when left standing - Nothing they can do. Nothing wrong with the brakes. The tech said it would probably ease as the brakes wore. But they see it on a lot of new cars this Winter in the wet weather. It is nothing to be concerned about technically, just makes a very disconcerting bump.

(b) ECO timer - as bizarre as it seems, that is exactly what it is meant to do. Apparently it says this on P42 of the manual, although I haven't checked yet. They all agreed it didn't really make any sense to do that and are going to lodge a 'technical ticket' with Peugeot. So it may change. The action should really be that it gets reset when the driver resets the trip computer not when the car is stopped.

(c) Sat Nav - well I have the very latest software available. Yes, it does have the postcode search but as mentioned elsewehere it is again very bizarre. It doesn't mention postcode - you enter it in the 'city' field. Then no street or house number/property. To be fair, it works okay when I have tried it. Went from Brackley to Wycombe today and the postcode got me exactly where I wanted to go. But it really does need a tidy up as it is just 'messy'. But the dealer are not aware of any further updates coming anytime soon, so that is what we have.

(d) MPG - since picking up the car, it has done an average of 52MPG. Apparently that is about right for the type of driving I do and a little above what they have seen on other 2008 that have come in.

Other than that, in terms of accesories (from the allowance Peugeot gave me for my troubles):

(a) Had the read boot sill fitted - sets the car off nicely, salesman was quite impressed! Little thinngs eh?! Seriously, it does look better.

(b) Was going to give the black one some bling by having illuminated door sills fitted. But they couldn't do them today as they are battery driven and there was only one battery suppled in the kit!

(c) Wind deflectors didn't come in

So for (b) and (c) it is hopefully going back in next weekend - just a quick 30 min job.

They told me to 'drain' the car and they would fill it up for me again. But on my way to do the groceries last night the 'low fuel' warning came up. The range was 45 miles. By the time I got home it was 31! THe needle was very close to bottom of the scale. So I put some diesel in - didn't want to run out on the way over! But Salesman reckoned it would have made it easily. Didn't want to risk it though!

Oh, and they did an outside 'valet' too before I returned to pcik it up so drove away with the car looking as good as new again
!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thank's Trevor.

Good informative post.

Al.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great info Trev. I have just clocked 3000 miles in mine. My average mpg since having the car is 56, but on my trip to Bath with cruise on 70mph most of the way I averaged 64 mpg so happy with that. I too have the 'sticking' brakes so good to hear it's not a problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love reading this, Can't wait for 28th Feb and going from 26mph to these sort of figures. ££££'s in the pocket.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife thinks i'm nuts coz I keep reading the forum and telling her all about it, she thinks its showing my obsessive compulsive side when truth be told its just a way to handle the impatience of the long wait.

Roll on 10th feb and I to can wave goodbye to 25mpg , TBH I would be happy with 50 round town id still be quid's in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
update
we have the 1.6 e-HDI 115 Stop & Start
completed 2000 miles average speed showing 26mph ,54 to the gallon
today alone , long trip average 68mph , 58 to the gallon

pretty good

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't believe i've had my car a month, it's in for the 1000 mile/1 month check today. Still loving the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts