Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was delivered to my local dealership yesterday but they cannot register it until thursday - its official launch date, i should imagine these next few days are going to go very slow! They currently can't promise me a thursday handover in case things get a bit delayed as the tax and registration with the DVLA has to be done on thursday so it might stretch over the weekend but i cant really complain as most people are having to wait a few more weeks even months, so it was no suprise when they told me i am one of the first in the country to have one.

I shall update when i have picked it up and post some details and pictures.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Way to go.Hope it goes okay. Enjoy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went to see it today, its got the "Beijing Bronze" trim which i wasnt too pleased about at first as it dont look too good in pictures but it grew on me straight away and i actually quite like it now, it had not been valeted yet so it still had all the protective stickers on the outside and all the plastic on the inside. i only had my phone on me today so took a couple of photos but i shall be posting more when i actually pick it up. One thing i did notice is that it had a normal gear lever, i thought the Allure had the chrome gear lever but again i am not too bothered about that - especially in this scorching heat!! i will have to check the specs.

Edited by: danny149

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Great to see one that has arrived for a customer.

Have fun.

hope you don't mind me turning the photos around for you but I was getting a crick in my neck.

Looks great.

Al.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah that looks better thank you! Well this was actually supposed to be for their showroom but it was the model I wanted so they are letting me have it which is nice of them!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I thought that. I feel lucky to be getting it so early when other customers orders are September!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very nice! Mines a cash sale so I'm quite happy to wait until September, hang on to the dough a bit longer!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Wow that's great! As already mentioned this must be the first on the road?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've driven two already so its not the first registered and legal, but it could well be the first in private hands.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Yeah sorry that's what I meant, I don't count dealers cars until someone private owns them!<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealership said i am probably the first to pick up Edited by: danny149

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great news Danny149, we live in Nottingham also and have ordered an Allure in Nimbus Grey with Satnav only from Robins and Day.

How did you find the service you got from them, did you a buy the service plan from them?

If you see a blue Fiesta flashing and beeping you, that'll be me :)

Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I ordered from robins and day also. I used to work there a while back.

This will be my third car off them and I don't usually go for a service plan as I work all over the place now.

I would usually sing their praises bit they have gone quiet on me this past week and not really sure what's going on. My car had been delivered and has now been put in their showroom for some reason. I am just playing a waiting game at the minute which is getting to me a bit but I still can't really complain as some people are waiting a longer time!

Who was your salesperson?

·
Registered
311 Posts
We had the lovely Sophie however when we went into haggle we had Adam, he probably wished he never met us bless him.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wednesday but didn't see your car though. They only had the grey feline. Would have liked to spy on yours though as its exactly what we have brought even down to the dashboard colour

1 - 20 of 58 Posts