Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Ordered my Feline Mistral in Bianca white,115 diesel, on 14 August .Have not as yet got a build date.Anyone else in similar situation?? Seems delivery is pushing towards 4 months.Think Peugeot underestimated its popularity,have read sales have taken off like a scalded cat!!!!(no harm wished on the cat) .............Rgds Scotty

·
Registered
256 Posts
Scotty,

Might be time to contact Peugeot customer services, I ordered on the 27th August and have a build date of the 19th November.

-Sam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scotty,
I ordered mid August like yourself. Contacted dealer last weekend and he advised build date moved toward the end of November.
Might get delivery before festive shutdown ? Almost atthe point of cancelling due to extended time frame.
Delay will cost me as MOT/repairs soon due on current car. Had better be worth the wait !
The positive feedback on the 2008 from forum members has tipped the balance; but only just.

Beejay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi beejay..........I feel exactly the same.I am going to contact peugeot customer service to see if I can get any info_Only plus is the px on my car is for its August value.Have contacted dealer and they are as frustrated .Will let you know if I have any success. rgds Scotty

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally got a pre-lim build date today. Spoke to customer services about 3 weeks ago and they advised me, my car would be leaving the factory on 14 Nov, when I mentioned this to my dealer, they basically implied that customer services didn't really know what is going on and that according to their computer my build week had moved from 48 to 52, with no confirmation date of build. However the dealer called today and low and behold my pre-lim build date is wait for it..... 14 Nov.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Scotty,

Something sounds off there! I ordered same day as you and got a build date of 6th Nov and delivery to UK on 19th - they say give or take a day, but expecting delivery to me by end of month at latest.

Lisa

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seems while everyone else is partying away, there's a small gang of us having our own little miserable get together. While all the others are partying and boogeying away in the lounge, some of us are in the kitchen have our own seperate, not quite so exciting little do!

After all the talk of upped production and people seemingly getting earlier builds and deliveries than expected, I rang my dealer for an update at the weekend hoping for some equally good news. But they did not even have a build date come up on their system, despite Peugeot saying to me previously it was the 19th November. Strangely, the dealer didn't even have an order number - I had to give them the one I had been quoted. They said they would investigate and call me back. Which, to be fair, they did today. But no news all the same - no build date on their system.

So I thought it was time to fire off another e-mail to Peugeot CS to see if they could give me an update. I really was expecting good news and for a nearer build date/delivery. Well, bitterly disappointing and far from it - in fact the complete opposite. My build date has now been put back even further to November 27th. I really just don't get it. This makes no sense to me at all.

I have sent a right rant back to Customer Services this evening - but past experience would suggest that all it has done is to allow me to get things off my chest as Peugeot seem adamant there is nothing they can do with build dates, they just seem to magically happen at some point under no-ones control.

But their reply is crucial now as this has reached a tipping point for me. When I ordered back in June, I was told this car would be delivered in plenty of time before the Winter which was almost the 100% aim of getting the order in as early as I did. I didn't want a 4x4 and the traction control seemed perfect for the small, but none the less difficult hills I have to negotiate to get to work. Yet it now seems I will not be taking delivery this side of Christmas which is bitterly disappointing. I need a new car for the Winter and if it is not a 2008 then it will have to be something else.

Anyway, I have my glass of warm, flat diet coke, dog-eared cheese sandwiches, burnt sausage rolls and a broken party horn if anyone would like to join me over on this side of the party...........

·
Registered
311 Posts
oh dear Trevor, I do hope the car gets to you soon. I'm happy to join your party so you have some company. I'm bringing a bottle though flat coke is just not acceptable

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Have you tried asking for this to be escalated to upper management? Maybe even posting on their Facebook, you know the bad publicity might spur someone into action!

-Sam

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sorry, Trevor that sucks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
<div ="msg">
sam said:
Hello,

Have you tried asking for this to be escalated to upper
management? Maybe even posting on their Facebook, you know the bad
publicity might spur someone into action!

-Sam

Sam, it is being dealt with at the moment by the Customer Relations Manager at Peugeot. But it seems there is little chance of this getting anywhere (but worse).

All I keep getting told it is due to supply problems. But I don't see anything different in my spec to any others.

Peugeot insist cars are being built in the order the orders are received. IMO that is clearly not the case.

burty said:
Sorry, Trevor that sucks.
Thanks Burty. Yeah, it REALLY sucks. It's hard to put my disappointment into words.

To be honest, I saw a Quashqai today. 6 months old, ex demo, 2500 on the clock - top spec and proper 4x4. Only slightly more that the 2008 I am supposed to be buying. I may pop and have a test drive at the weekend. Sad, but I need a new car this side of the winter and it is looking less and less likely it will be a 2008.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What an awful shame that it's come to this, COME ON PEUGEOT you can still do better!!!!Surely it can't be long now Trevor
bet your real close.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the encouraging words. But sadly I do not seem to be getting any closer. If I leave the car on order, I realistically expect it would not now be delivered until the New Year. The build date has been pushed back till the end of November and they don't exactly sound totally confident it won't get pushed back further still. I suspect the build will not be til December now. If someone had told me back in June I would not get the car until the New Year I'd have thought they were winding me up.

I've had promise after promise of when the car will be ready and every one of those promises has been broken.

As for Peugeot doing something, it is clear that won't happen. They could not give a damn. In a way, that is the most disappointing thing about this whole fiasco. None of this is my fault yet Peugeot will do nothing to get this put right. All I ever get in reply from them is they cannot do a thing about it and the build cannot be changed, bought forward etc although they are certainly more than capable of putting it back when they feel like it. I wonder if some top Peugeot official or some celebrity wanted one if they would also be told sorry we can't do anything about it. They keep claiming supply shortages but will not be any more specific. I don't believe that anyway as the spec I'm ordering is hardly unusual. You've just got to look on here to see that. Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi....Took the advice and todaycontacted Peugeot cust. service.Havingrung the dealer again andbeen told they still had no build date.I infomed them that I was contacting Peugeot myself.Supplied order no. and date to peugeot and was asked if I wished to escalate the matter to management, whatever that is!! Said yes and was told they would contact wthin 3 days.Shortly afterwards my dealer rang and told me they now had an expected build date of 27 November.
Later that day I got a call from peugeot confirming the same build date,howeverI was toldit could change if there were to be any unforseen events !!!.Delivery hopefully mid to late December.

I had also asked about the sat nav not having post code entry and no speed camera data.The peugeotperson told me that a post code update was due this month and updates would be done by the dealers.

As regards the speed cameras...wait for it.......beacause it is a French car and it isillegal apparently in France to have camera warnings on sat nav they will not have this data!!!I said it may be made in France but was for use in UK.Also that I had read on these forums that a camera update was to be made available.He politely told me I was Wrong. Am I ??

Have decided to wait that bit longer.Hope its worth it.

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!! Rgds Scotty

Feline 115 diesel mistral in Bianca white ordered 9/8/13

1 - 14 of 14 Posts