Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Newbie here
Just ordered our first Peugeot Car, 2008 1.2 ETG Allure, Nimbus Grey with Sat Nav, Last weekend, does anyone know what sort of delivery time im exspecting, Peugeot gave us an estimate of end of December but was hoping to have delivery before then,

Many thnaks
Dan

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi, welcome. I ordered mine in May and it took about 7 weeks - far quicker than I was initially told.

Hope you like it - I love mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kate thanks for the info, did you get any weekly feedback from the dealer you ordered from, like say after 2 weeks your car is now been built, etc? Just was going to give them a call to see what stage my car is up to

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Dan,

I heard nothing for about 3 weeks and then I started calling the dealership to try and get a better idea of timescales (I wasn't impressed to be honest). However by about week 5 the garage had taken on a new sales manager who started calling me weekly to give me an update. It all happened very quickly in the end - he called me on the Wednesday to tell me that the car was in the country and then on Thursday morning to tell me it was on their forecourt (he was quite shocked). It was ready to collect on the Friday.

The dealerships are desperate for good feedback to Peugeot so use it to your advantage - I got free mats and fuel but my 10 year old managed to get half of the Peugeot accessories display for free on collection day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kate spoke to the dealers today all they said was they won't know anything until it's being built, some time in December, all I wanted to know was when they ordered the car as I have no confirmation. Who did you complain to to get the free fuel and mats, was it the dealer you got it from or Peugeot head office? Many thanks Dan

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go directly to the dealership sales manager and tell them how unhappy you are with the situation. I secured the freebies closer to delivery as the sales manager was saying how important it was to have good customer feedback sent to Peugeot (you will get an email rating questionnaire shortly after you take delivery). I was blunt about it - I told him I was unhappy with how my order was initially handled by them and said that I would be prepared to consider giving them a top rating when the questionnaire arrived if they gave me x, y and z. It worked for me

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello
I have ordered a new one almost the same period as you (End October) and the dealer said delivery time about first days of January. i know from previous experience that this may vary, and indeed i will take it about 20 January. Sonce you are closer to the factory i guess time is shorter than mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi ya

We received our new car on December 29th which was the same as the estimated date, I am very impressed with the car, just trying to get used to the Eco mode stop & start but overall a lovely car
Dan

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's better to turn the Eco mode stop/start offfor at least the first 500 - 1000 miles to give the engine time to run in more smoothly. Stopping & starting a new engine isn't good for them. Apart from that enjoy your new 2008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts