Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally been given my Reg as my car is in the Country.

Delivery date of the 29th January.

Roughly 16weeks from ordering to delivery.

Hassle it was to insure, Admiral had never heard of the 2008 and didn't even have it on their database...had to do it all manually...all sorted now though thankfully.

Soon be out of the waiting room.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
spinneruk said:
Finally been given my Reg as my car is in the Country.

Delivery date of the 29th January.

Roughly 16weeks from ordering to delivery.

Hassle it was to insure, Admiral had never heard of the 2008 and didn't even have it on their database...had to do it all manually...all sorted now though thankfully.

Soon be out of the waiting room.

How bizzarre!. Mine is insured with Admiral and I had no problems insuring it with them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who knows, had never heard of the 2008, asked if it was made in 2008 (despite asking me if it's a new car a minute before), then said it's not in our system.

We have 2 cars so on a multicar policy, perhaps they use different databases...who knows just a bid odd they didn't know what it was.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea individually as it's a multicar policy, we have a zafira (new shape) and also the 2008 on the policy with the 2008 including business and commercial use (for me) and all comes to less than £380 I know that

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If anyone is in the market for new insurance then this link may be of use:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/peugeot-insurance_topic277_page1.html?KW=insurance

Peugeot insurance thread

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Interestingly mine is also a Multi-car policy from Admiral. We have four cars on the policy each with a different main driver including my 18 year old son and 20 year old daughter. I think the total premium is close to £2k per year and I do not recall any additional premium when I replaced my 207 for the 2008.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did Vospers call you to let you know? We haven't heard anything this week!
It does feel a bit of a let down at the moment, I hope actually seeing or even getting the car one day makes it all better!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very strange burty I know, oh well at least it's all insured ready anyway.

Clive yeah they called me yesterday and left a message as I was out and about at customers house so couldn't get there in time.

I'm popping in next week to sign stuff etc then pick up the following wednesday so all good.

Looking forward to getting it now, need something slightly bigger for work as the Astra doesn't cut it anymore.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Indeed there is.

You won't be able to miss me after it's been sign written

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys how long after build date is delivery to dealer

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine was built 27th December and taking delivery on the 29th so about a month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts