Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Do you think the delivery lead times for new and current customers are going to be a problem for Peugeot? could it lead to bad press.

I will be honest and say that this is my first Peugeot, its not a brand I ever considered for my car (nothing took my fancy in their range) and now of course I decide to take up one of their cars they are struggling to get them out to people.

With 75% of customers being new customers on the 2008 is the problem going to grow or does Peugeothave it under control?

===
""It takes time to rebuild a brand's image, but we have seen it can work in the UK where we are back on track.""� In that market, for example, 62% of customers for the 208 are new to Peugeot, a figure that rises to 75% for the 2008.

http://www.automotiveworld.com/analysis/oems-and-markets/success-of-208-and-308-are-central-to-putting-peugeot-back-on-track/

===

A wait is a wait but what frustrates me is the lack of updates, I can't blame the dealer for that either as they are in the dark as much as I am.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sam said:
Hello,

Do you think the delivery lead times for new and current customers are going to be a problem for Peugeot? could it lead to bad press and hurt them.

I will be honest and say that this is my first Peugeot, its not a brand I ever considered for my car (nothing took my fancy in their range) and now of course I decide to take up one of their cars they are struggling to get them out to people.

With 75% of customers being new customers on the 2008 is the problem going to grow or does Peugeothave it under control?

===
""It takes time to rebuild a brand's image, but we have seen it can work in the UK where we are back on track.""� In that market, for example, 62% of customers for the 208 are new to Peugeot, a figure that rises to 75% for the 2008.

http://www.automotiveworld.com/analysis/oems-and-markets/success-of-208-and-308-are-central-to-putting-peugeot-back-on-track/

===

A wait is a wait but what frustrates me is the lack of updates, I can't blame the dealer for that either as they are in the dark as much as I am.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Sam
I read in one of the internet blogs couple of weeks ago that the number of new orders for 2008 is falling presumably due to 4 months waiting.
I am also new to Peugeot and waiting for delivery.I was initially quoted 8 weeks then 12 weeks now 16 weeks or more.Factory closure in Augustseems to be the excuse for all the delivery issues.
If the delay goes on then I will cancel my order and go back to Honda- perhaps CRV.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi we are also new to peugoetthe problem seems to be lack of communication
maybe everything is on track
but not knowing isn't good for customer relations
if you go on captur or mokka forums, there wait is just as long but they seem to have regular updates

this sector is proving to be very popular, (you wouldn't believe were in the middle of world financial crises, recession )

SO COME ON PEUGOET UKCOMUNICATE

most cars are pretty much readily available but this segment is proving very popular and seems to have caught manufacturers out(mokka been out a long time but still 12 week wait factory order)

doc ,my first choice was the Honda crv (readily available in 5 days from Swindon) but as my wife will be the regular user she wanted something much smaller. this created a problem as I wanted something as good and we tried most and failed then stumbled on the 2008 and the rest is history,
SAVED OVER £10,000 into the bargain

might upgrade my van
or aholiday

GRAHAME

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Graham,
I agree with you regarding lack of communication from Peugeot.

Crossovers seems to bein demandnow a days, all over the world.

I have shortlisted CRV, Captur, 2008 and Mokka. I did not like Captur interior andexterior of Mokka.
Soit was down to CRV and 2008. The price tag of 2008 was the determining factor for me.

2008 seems to have a bit of everything and appeared to be the right choice, until the dealer kept on saying they do not know the build date or delivery date even after 8 weeks of ordering.

HopefullyI should get mine by end of November if not then its CRV for Christmas.

Edited by: doc79

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

I don't understand why they are caught off guard, looking at how sucessful the qashqai was, Nissan also had a three month wait but then maybe it wasn't as bad as I did get regular updates. Lack of communication to the end customer and dealer on peugeots part is pretty bad.

-Sam

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is my first ever new car purchase so I cannot really comment on the experience in comparison with other makes.But my friends suggest that a 12 week wait for a new car is normal.(Although I gather that if you buy a Ford you won't wait that long).

If you read the various customer surveys Peugeot service does often get criticised, and this is broadly down to the dealers.If my own experience is anything to go by a poor reputation for service is entirely justified - We have had my wife's 807 main dealer serviced for 9 years at the same dealer and the service never fails to disappoint.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Like many of you new customer to Peugeot and very first new car.

My wait is currently 11 weeks tomorrow, in general other people who have brought new cars state 12 weeks is the norm for Factory build. So any earlier you are very lucky.

I was starting to lose faith in my dealer beginning of last week but anyhow, I have now received a VIN number and a Registration plate all this on Friday of last week and have been informed the car is on its way which takes up to 2 weeks.

I am on another car forum and some of them have been waiting 4/6mths for a new car, so I think we are pretty lucky if we only wait 3/4 mths.

I also agree that a dealer, should be at least sending out fortnightly email updates, even if its to state no movement, this would help as it helps those of us waiting feel, they haven't forgotten us in the waiting room.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Yes I agree it would be nice for the dealer to keep me updated regularly, even just to say there is no news. I have to do the chasing and when I do they give me the "We have no new but will contact you when we have" which is all well and good but I want to know they are keeping on top of the order.

-Sam

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just received a call from the peugeot dealer Palmers in Hemel Hempstead to say that my car has been built, and will be in regional depot by the 15th, and in the dealer on the 21st October.

They have been very good in keeping me informed, calling every two weeks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deckers said:
I just received a call from the peugeot dealer Palmers in Hemel Hempstead to say that my car has been built, and will be in regional depot by the 15th, and in the dealer on the 21st October.

They have been very good in keeping me informed, calling every two weeks.

Hello,

Excellent, good they have kept you informed.

I ordered by not long after 27th August so hopefully I should at least get some information on my build date soon.

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's very good Deckers. Looks like you got a efficient dealer.
I ordered mine on 8 August however the dealer did not bother calling me . And when I called them last week they informed that my order did not go until 1 September because of factory closure - so they cannot give me a date yet but will keep me informed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts