Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Delivery Lead Time Issues?

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  doc79 
Hello Sam
I read in one of the internet blogs couple of weeks ago that the number of new orders for 2008 is falling presumably due to 4 months waiting.
I am also new to Peugeot and waiting for delivery.I was initially quoted 8 weeks then 12 weeks now 16 weeks or more.Factory closure in Augustseems to be the excuse for all the delivery issues.
If the delay goes on then I will cancel my order and go back to Honda- perhaps CRV.

Hello Graham,
I agree with you regarding lack of communication from Peugeot.

Crossovers seems to bein demandnow a days, all over the world.

I have shortlisted CRV, Captur, 2008 and Mokka. I did not like Captur interior andexterior of Mokka.
Soit was down to CRV and 2008. The price tag of 2008 was the determining factor for me.

2008 seems to have a bit of everything and appeared to be the right choice, until the dealer kept on saying they do not know the build date or delivery date even after 8 weeks of ordering.

HopefullyI should get mine by end of November if not then its CRV for Christmas.

Edited by: doc79

That's very good Deckers. Looks like you got a efficient dealer.
I ordered mine on 8 August however the dealer did not bother calling me . And when I called them last week they informed that my order did not go until 1 September because of factory closure - so they cannot give me a date yet but will keep me informed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.