Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to the dealer this morning. They told me the computer system was down and that they would call me back as soon as they had any news.

Less than an hour later they called to say that the car will be delivered to them this week. Its already registered and has had the PDI done at their main dealership.

I will be travelling down from Scotland to collect it on the 4th November.

the waiting game e is nearly over and I can change my signature below..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Excellent, not long to go then! hopefully it will fly in.

-Sam

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
162 Posts
I still can't fathom this out. My forgotten order was eventually placed (allegedly) on August 8th. Yet I have been told my build date will be, at the earliest, 19th November and won't get the car til early December. But Deckers was ordered the day after and is virtually ready for collection

Yet Peugeot insisted in a reply to one of my emails that the cars were built in the order the orders were received. To me, this process all seems very random. Quite bizarre!Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
256 Posts
Trevor,

I also get the impression that these orders are not being built in the order they have been received.

-Sam
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Exciting times with deliveries being imminent now that the holidays are long gone and production increased.

It must be a mammoth task to organize all those components to arrive exactly on time for your individual car along with the 'extras' you've specified.

A 'standard' spec car is fine but when you add in the extras like trim/park assist/panoramic roof etc it is incredible when you think of the o,ooo's of orders they have to fulfill.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There are only a few options on our 2008s by comparison. Imagine being a VAG production facility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts