Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to place an order for a 2008 Allure 1.6 e-HDi in black with the optional sunroof. Only thing I'm not sure about is the engine. I did a test drive in the 115 version and that was really nice, very smooth and pulled better than our current DS3 Dsport 110.

I have not driven the 92 engine version and was wondering how much of a difference there would be? Also do I go for the EGC 6 speed model or the standard 5 speed one?

If any of you have either of these engines I would really welcome your opinions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
We have the 92 bhp version and it has more than enough power. I've had Volvo T5s, Toyota Mr2s etc etc and reckon on today's roads the 92 2008 gives you more than enough power.
Read my post on Thinking of buying a 2008 and you'll get a lengthy comment about the 2008!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just noticed your gearbox query.. Ours is a manual. I'm used to an automatic VW DSG gearbox which is ultra smooth. However even though I've driven autos for decades I can happily drive the manual as it's very flexible and when you have to change gear it's a delightful gearbox.
Another point is you mention the sunroof... Great for extra light but please note it doesn't open.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input :) The sunroof is just to make the cabin feel a bit more airy. Expensive just for a bit more light I know but it does make a difference for us. Will check out the post you mentioned.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the 92 Diesel engine in my allure manual , also had the same engine in two Picasso C3's always found it ample .I would check the insurance difference as well as the 115 is higher. I would go for the manual version as you get the grip control for the bad weather and if you look at the forum there is some bad press starting on the egc with noise and failures. Suspect it is only a few,but you be gutted if it was your one !

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You can't get the egc gearbox with the 115 engine.That might help make your mind up one way or another.
All the 115s are 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I definitely need the grip control so that knocks the EGC out of the equation, also it seems to be the model with the most issues.

So it comes down to power. The insurance is not really a problem. Been driving 35 years, no claims, no accidents and max ncb although it doesn't ever seem to be as low as it should.

Will wait and see how much the 115 bumps up the price as I have only been quoted for the 92.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mrs FB drove a 92bhp Allure and she described the performance as comparable to our old C4 Picasso (16v 110bhp HDi) which was a bit disappointing. We've since bought a Citroen DS4 with the 115bhp engine and it's way smoother and quicker than our old Picasso, mrs FB describes it as night and day from the 92 bhp version - if spec or gearbox choice removes the 115bhp version then that's one thing but if you have the choice it's the best way to spend £500 with your clothes on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We had the 92 engine in our previous car a C3 Picasso. Until I drove the 115, 2008 I also thought the 92 was fine. Having had the 2008 for a few months and done some distance, both Mrs G and I are glad we got the extra powered 115, it's so much smoother. Each to your own I guess and dependant on what you need from the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your comments. I'm edging toward the 115 myself. The 92 doesn't gain much in the way of Co2 emissions and the fuel consumption difference doesn't seem to be that great. The 2008 115 I drove last week was much smoother and definitely more powerful than our current DS3 110. Just have to see what the price difference is on Tuesday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I test drove the diesel 92 and was pleased enough with the performance. However, I was downsizing from a 6 speed 2.0l turbo diesel Ford and decided to go for the 115 bhp Allure to match the 6 speed and betterperformance.Having nowdone 6000 miles in the 2008 I am more than pleased with my choice, and would definitely recommend the 115. On a recent loaded500+ mile trip over to Skye and touring the Highlands and Islands I averaged 62 mpg yet had the performance to safely overtake when needed.
The average mpg is 56mpg with the mix of town and rural driving I normally do.
As regards insurance I don't think there will be much to chose between the two diesel engines.

I also went for the panoramic roof which does give the cabin an airy feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went for the 92 after driving the demo. Got enough power to overtake and pulls off the lights fine. On the sunroof not worth it. Plus without it you get like led's in the roof that light up the cabin at night. Me and mrs love it

·
Registered
74 Posts
They are all OK, but the 115 is more FUN... that's the opinion of this ole pensioner anyway..

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have EGS which is only available with the 92bhp. Just completed a 400 mile round trip mainly dual carriageway and motorway. Very adequate averaged nearly 70mph with a consumption of 70+ per gallon. Had a 115bhp 3008 also good but due to smaller car and lighter weight performance very similar.The 92 won't disappoint

·
Registered
107 Posts
Test drove the 92 and bought the 115, the 115 has a lot more grunt and great power delivery plus the extra gear so a lot smoother on the motorway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We'll the price difference was pretty massive for the 115. Apparently the basic 92 carried a hefty discount.

Not sure what to do now. I have a feeling the 92 is going to be a little under powered for me. If I definitely want a 2008 though I don't really have a choice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sure but when I was looking there was only a price difference of about £600 I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Does anyone know if the engine in the 92 and the 115 is physically the same?

(Might give some options for remapping if one is that way inclined.)

·
Registered
540 Posts
YFUK said:
We'll the price difference was pretty massive for the 115. Apparently the basic 92 carried a hefty discount.

Not sure what to do now. I have a feeling the 92 is going to be a little under powered for me. If I definitely want a 2008 though I don't really have a choice.
Broadspeed have the difference, post discount, of circa £550 - I suspect your dealer is 'doing a deal' on a 92bhp model as they have one on order or in stock; work on them or change the dealer.

I think the 92bhp model has a fixed vane turbo, the 115bhp model variable geometry so a remap would be possible but I don't think you can create a '115', especially as it has a 6 speed box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what do you think of the peugeot 2008 feline 106 hdi 115 black glass roof is the glass roof strong and the price I have been quoted is £20188. is that a good price also is the tax cheaper

1 - 20 of 23 Posts