Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive a April 2008 Citroen C4 VTR+ HDI Auto 5 Door Hatchback, mileage 35,000.I am guessing that the Citroen diesel engine is similar to the Peugeot HDi FAP EGC 6-speed.
I am very interested in buying a Peugeot 2008, Active or Allure, but I cannot decide about the power unit.
I will definitely buy an automatic and having driven the Citroen Diesel Auto for 7 years I originally thought I would have another diesel.
BUT, I am sorely tempted by the PureTech 1.2 e-VTi 82 EGC 6-speed .
Obviously my annual mileage is low (never more than 6000 miles) and my boy racer days have long gone.
However, I cannot find any reviews/ reports about the new auto petrol engine so any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I have read on this, and other, Peugeot forums, whenit comes to autos, the power units are OK, but the autobox mated with the 1.2 litre engine is a bit of a nightmare.
I have the 1.6 petrol linked to the 'normal' autobox and am very pleased with its smoothness when changing up or down.The gear selection in relation to what the car is trying to do seems to be spot on too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Your annual mileage is not high enough to justify the extra cost and with the changes coming down the line ref diesel cars the cost of running one will rise sky high, as for the 1.2 ECG know few and they have no complaints, best bet is find a dealer who has one you can test drive

·
Registered
540 Posts
Your C4 has the old 16v 110bhp version of the 1.6HDi where as the 2008 1.6HDi is the 8v unit and has less power but a very similar level of torque - in the real world you might find it a shed slower.

The diesel will never cost you less on that mileage so really it's about whether you prefer the diesel character or petrol character. The EGC 'box is the same as the EGS in your car and they are known to have issues but none specific to certain engines.

One option is the 1.6VTi auto - a traditional automatic that is bullet-proof.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've decided to get a petrol due to the short journeys with the school run with the granddaughters.

They are due to bring out the new 3 pot petrol engine coupled to the new EAT6 6 speed automatic in the 2008 (anytime soon).

I've been waiting for news of it's arrival as it should be outstanding.

I decided to go instead for the same set-up in the new 308 as my dealer came up with a good P/X arrangement.

You can read about my dilemma here:

Change now or wait a while?

Al

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies.I shall probably wait until the new petrol engines are available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts