Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could be a very straight forward question but one of the jet /nozzle things which sprays screen wash onto the front windscreen is positioned slightly incorrectly. How do I move it please? On my last car (a Renault) I adjusted it with a pin. Do I try the same thing again? I don't want to damage it.

Many thanks....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just had mine replaced by dealer, don't use a pin they are made very light plastics not metal so be very very careful

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Kate,

I looked at mine and they look fixed. It might be a case of the washer jet/body isn't sitting correctly.

It might be just as easy to drop back into your dealer and ask them to take a look. Like Mik said you don't want to damage it in case you end up paying for it.

All the best with that.

PS How is the midnight interior lighting coming along?

·
Registered
316 Posts
One mine when driving if sprayed water just about hit bottom of the screen, happen be at dealer's and just mentioned it to mechanic who told me that the nozzle is a cheap plastic part, so they fitted 2 new nozzles in mins,another cost cutting measure by Peugeot

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Gentlemen, I'll give the dealership a call.

No party lighting at the moment Tone, need to wait until the nights draw in!

Does anyone else find the doors quite heavy? I'm 5' 10" so I'm not exactly small and petite but I find opening the driver's door and closing the boot a little more difficult than I would have expected... Maybe I'm just getting old.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** - what are side mouldings please? I'm curious to know whether I should want them too?!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
KateinNotts said:
Thank you Gentlemen, I'll give the dealership a call.

No party lighting at the moment Tone, need to wait until the nights draw in!

Does anyone else find the doors quite heavy? I'm 5' 10" so I'm not exactly small and petite but I find opening the driver's door and closing the boot a little more difficult than I would have expected... Maybe I'm just getting old.....

I don't think the doors are particularly heavy, but in any case I think you will find that they loosen up over time. It also takes a little while for the rubber seals to bed in which makes a difference with closing of the doors.

Don't get caught out with the roughly 0.5s delay on the tailgate release which can lead people to think that the tailgate is heavy to lift, it's not, it's just not open when you are trying to lift it.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
316 Posts
Kate side mouldings run along back n front doors to stop cars next to you hitting door and possible damage paint, l find them great for carparks plus look great on a white 2008 lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aha, I see, thank you for the explanation (and picture!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts