Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are thinking of taking out a GAP insurance product then we've managed to secure a great deal on already heavily discounted insurance policies taken out through ALA.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

All Club members will receive a 5% discounttoo - just follow the link below:

http://www.ala.co.uk/r/?r=Carforumand use code:forum123

Have you thought about gap insurance?

From the moment you drive your car away from the dealer forecourt its value automatically depreciates. This depreciation will increase drastically over the course of you owning that car.
You may not be aware but should the worst happen and your vehicle is stolen or is involved in an accident where it is damaged beyond repair, even if you have fully comprehensive insurance, you will only receive the current market value as a payout from that insurer.

This could result in a shortfall of up to two-thirds of the value of the vehicle in as little as 3 years. Crucially a motor insurance company may not pay enough to settle the outstanding finance on the vehicle.

By purchasing GAP insurance this shortfall can be prevented. A GAP policy covers the difference in price between the initial price paid for a car and the market value payout by your comprehensive insurance company. It therefore ensures that you don't suffer the financial loss otherwise associated with the loss of your car through theft or irreparable damage.

Are you thinking this will never happen to you?.........
<ul>[*]UK Car Crime is a third of all crime[*]A vehicle is stolen every minute, 33% of these are never recovered[*]Cars depreciate by up to 77% over a 3 year period[*]Motor insurance settlements are always less than the price you pay for your car[*]When a write off occurs you lose out and have to raise the funds for any short fall[*]Write offs occur all too often; protect yourself![/list]Why ALA?

Market Value Clause
Make sure there isn't one! This clause means that the GAP company will only pay from the Glass's Guide Retail value. If your Comprehensive Insurer settles for less, you could well end up with a shortfall.ALAdoes not have one.

Maximum Value Clause
You don't want one of these either! This means that the value of your car is typically capped at 105% of Glass's Guide Retail value. If you have added some extras, which is very common, these extras may not be covered under your GAP policy.ALAdoes not have one.

Free Transfer
Of any unused premium and FREE policy amendments.ALA offers this.

Claim Period
If you have ever suffered a Total Loss Claim, you will know the level of stress it can cause, you may even forget to contact the GAP Insurer straight away. The better policies will give you 120 days to make a claim, lesser policies limit this to 30 days.ALAoffers 120 days.

UK Registered Insurers
Buying from a UK insurer means that it is directly authorised and regulated by the FSA, which in turn offers you policy protection under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, will give you the security you need. Other GAP providers use off-shore insurers, who, although licensed to sell GAP Insurance in the UK, ultimately can step away from their obligations without redress.ALAare UK registered.

Extra features now available - all with our exclusive benefit!(Only when purchased with GAP)

<div style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">Alloy Wheel Insurance
<div style="font-weight: bold;">ALA Alloy Wheel insurance covers your car's Alloy Wheels for the repair of light, accidental damage.

Policies are available for up to 3 years with the ability to make up to 3 claims per years over the course of the policy.

Tyre Insurance
<div style="font-weight: bold;">ALA Tyre Insurance repairs or replaces the tyres on your car, light van or motorcycle when damaged either accidentally or maliciously. Cover can be purchased for up to 3 years with up to 5 claims over the course of the policy.

<div style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">
<div style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">Scratch and Dent Insurance
<div style="font-weight: bold;">ALA Scratch and Dent insurance covers the cost of minor body damage to your car, occurring within the geographical limits of the UK.

Policies are available for up to 3 years with the ability to make up to 3 claims per years over the course of the policy.

Unsure about ALA?
I've had a lot of people ask if this cover is as good as their dealers and if so why is it so cheap. Well to put it bluntly - your dealer is making a lot of money off this product! GAP insurance from ALA is as good as or exceeds many products that your dealer offers. If you want to read up a little more - here is an article from Honest John:http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/gap-insurance/what-is-gap-insurance/

Real life testimonialfrom a customer who made a GAP Insurance claim with ALA Insurance Brokers:

""ALA with my loss were great on the phone and within 3 weeks of notifying them I had a cheque in the post, so I would recommend that you use ALA Insurance Brokers"

Graham Jones

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I currently insure with Admiral, who will repay market value only.

The ALA price is £109 for 3 years for me with this discount so pretty good value, especially compared to Peugeot's £450

·
Registered
184 Posts
used

·
Registered
124 Posts
Used here now as well, Peugeot quoted me £399, saving of £260 using ALA.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great product. Lovely staff to deal with. I have always avoided GAP insurance as I am a retired Volvo sales manager and know the mark up dealers have. This is a first class product.
Cars are so light these days and really crumple to keep passengers safe, so it doesn't take much to write a car off. I took a five year package and hope I will never use if!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is something I hope no one has to use but this is the best all round deal I could find for the club.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Dan
Have you knowledge of any discount supplier for genuine Peugeot spares beyond the 10% new owners discount... I was hoping to find a couple of matching alloy wheels, but at £550 a pair + tyres thats just too much from the dealer.
cheers ..ejohn

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,I don't but I'll see if I can find some for everyone!

Leave it with me...

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,
Ejohn I have used perrys-official_vauxhall Peugeot parts on ebay for a badge and rear cluster light. Even if the parts aren't listed they will source it for you and advise of a price. They have given me good discount in the past

Simon

Edited by: russo109

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Simon
Have made a quick check to Perry's ebay page and found they have yet to list the 2008 for spares - but will try an email to them and see what's available .... let you know.

ejohn

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Simon.. they got back to me straight away, explaining that although under the Perrys umbrella they are a different operation, and as such would need to include delivery in their offer price, which works out again at £500, the same overall effective discount price as our local Peugeot garage. Worth the try however so again thank you. Seems a lot for these 16" wheels when non OE alloys are so much less.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This type of insurance is something we've never considered before and something we didn't even know existed until the Peugeot dealer told us about it. However their price was £450 odd for three years. We've just purchased five years through this link and saved lots of money. Thanks very much for the post giving details of this insurance, hopefully we and others here on this forum will never need to claim on such policies but it's good to know you've got it should you need it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Massive thanks for this post. The discount code is still working and has saved me just under £330 on Peugeots quote! And Peugeot dealers don't tell you there are other options for getting this cover, just that you don't have to have it! Very happy I saw this post

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks - as echo'd above it was half the price from what my local dealers offered me. Apparently they have to offer it by law.... mmmmm doubt it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts