Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of anyone that has placed an order, what kind of discounts have people been getting?

I liked to be prepared with some additional ammunition when I go in to negotiate a deal

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nearly 3 grand on a 1.2 Allure, though I played dirty and let slip that I'm a senior official for the countries largest peugeot club, so got a little more than they would have given in exchange for a bit of good publicity.

Because of the huge demand some dealer might not be so keen to deal on the grounds that they can sell all they can get. Perry's I'm MK have traditionally been good for some enormous discounts but wouldn't budge on the 2008, so I drove 20 minutes up the road to Bristol Street Motors in Northampton and saved nearly months salary for 5 minutes of trying.

It was harder for me cos I'm a cash buyer, so the dealer won't make any commission for selling finance etc.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I got a fair P/X price for my Qashqai Tekna and 8% discount off my new 2008 including all the accessories I added.

My dealer also gave me £120 allowance as I transferred my 'cherished number' myself instead of them doing it for me.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My dealer was no discount on the car itself but I saw an extra £2k on the trade in value of my car compared to other dealer offers.

Mac

·
Registered
311 Posts
I got about 3k off ours, although, if i'm adding park assist i wonder if they do any more.

I'm a cash buyer too, so not much commission from us either, but we were honest and stated we were quiet willing to go else where if they didn't offer what we wanted as Kia told us they would offer us 0% finance on one of there Ceed's the other car we fancied if we left 7k outstanding.

So either way someone was going to get a sale, just depended who wanted it more lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
after paying some more money to my deposit I then realised our actual discount wasn't as much as I first thought. 

So we actually got only 2k of the price of our car in the end. Because of my terrible maths skills looks like we may have to go done the finance route for the extra.

Although,  not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but:-

If we took out the PCP finance offer for 10k which has the lowest interest rate with a balloon payment of 6k in 3 yrs. And in 2/3months we cleared the 4k which is the initial mthly payments does that mean that we can still have the option of waiting for the 3 years to go to clear the remaining balloon payment. Or must we have to keep making payments for thewhole of the term 36 mths.

I spoke to their finance team and they said I can make lump sum pymts but they didn't make it quite clear if I could do what we plan to do.

Please help if anyone can, we plan on buying the car outright at the end of the term. 

Blimey this must be a tricky question to answer
Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
In theory I have managed around £1500 discount buying through Broadspeed. Although the car isn't delivered (or invoiced) yet.

However the quote I got from Robins and Day Maidstone in the order of £500 above list price before they started to add the extras, and then they still added the protection pack in the quote despite my saying that I didn't want it. (I will check the actual values later today). So arguably my discount is nearer £2500

There are (or at least there were) also two list prices for the higher spec cars depending whether you look at the printed or the downloaded brochure. (£200 difference).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Here's a question. The base model price(without extras)of the Feline Mistral Ambience e-HDi Stop & Start 115BHP is either £19195 or £19395 otr dependent on whether you take the price from the downloadable brochure or the printed brochure. Which is right?

Robins and Day Maidstone quoted me £20438 but I think that included £449 'Funded insurance', and also the Peugeot Protect (at £449) that I specifically told them I didn't want. I presume that the extra £200 or so over the official price was for some options I didn't know I was getting, or for Robins and Day's salesman's extra bonus.

When I spoke to the salesman after placing the order he said "we could have done something about the price". But my view was that they had their chance and I don't trust anyone who doesn't give their best price in the first instance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pass, I always take the prices as a starter for negotiation.Businesses are out to make a margin it is up to the buyer to whittle some of that down in their favour. I find I can always get a price lower in some way even if I walk away and give them my phone number to call me on.I even negotiated £20 off a set of bars in Halfords last week as I could get them cheaper elsewhere. It cost me five mins to talk to the manager.

In my case with the 2008 it was £2k better on my trade in. The trend so far on the forum seems to be around £2k so I would take that as a good starter. At the end of a quarter and the dealer has not met their target you could get more.I did that with my last car, it is music when someone says "I can give it to you for x if you sign before the end of the month." that is always worth another go.

Curry's and the like are always fun as they drop the price thinking you will buy the insurance.

My wife gets quite squeamish when she sees some poor lad telling me something is very reliable and then five minutes later telling me I need maintenance cover, chuckle.

Mac. Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
7 Posts
Should have travelled a little further to Margate. Great Peugeot dealership, family run who are very friendly. Best price quoted, with no pressure to purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
jinxx80 said:
after paying some more money to my deposit I then realised our actual discount wasn't as much as I first thought. 

So we actually got only 2k of the price of our car in the end. Because of my terrible maths skills looks like we may have to go done the finance route for the extra.

Although,  not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but:-

If we took out the PCP finance offer for 10k which has the lowest interest rate with a balloon payment of 6k in 3 yrs. And in 2/3months we cleared the 4k which is the initial mthly payments does that mean that we can still have the option of waiting for the 3 years to go to clear the remaining balloon payment. Or must we have to keep making payments for thewhole of the term 36 mths.

I spoke to their finance team and they said I can make lump sum pymts but they didn't make it quite clear if I could do what we plan to do.

Please help if anyone can, we plan on buying the car outright at the end of the term. 

Blimey this must be a tricky question to answer
The sales team at the dealership your'e purchasing your Peugeot from will be able to answer your question, that's what they are there for. Place I know has a great sales manager who really helped understand the options and what suited best.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
It sounds like you want to pay your whole outstanding balance off instead of paying for it over 36 months - is that right?

If so I think you are looking for anything that states early repayment charges on the credit agreement.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yes I am Dan, I read that and it's possible 'apparently' without any penalty.

Its sounds awful but I do not trust the dealership when it comes to financing options only because they are getting something out of it and I do not believe they will give honest information to benefit the customer.

I will try and see what happens

Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once you've signed your agreement and left the showroom with your new car, the dealership will be funded with bonus' and any sort of campaign bonus on offer this quarter, so they should be honest regarding early settlements, because finacially it will never effect them. sounds like you're at the wrong dealership if you can't trust your sales exc!

·
Registered
311 Posts
jlc,

I don't trust any sales person.

Not just my dealership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts