Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from the dealer sourcing my 2008 for a lease company. Apparently,due to factory closure,my build date has been pushed back to September 22nd! I am really annoyed about this, I ordered my car on June 6th, they tried to fob me off saying there were none in the country yet! So when I told her I saw a transporter unloading about 10 at my local garage yesterday she got all flustered and said they were pobably dealer demo models! What a crock of.......! Then I said others had got their cars already who ordered them well after me and was told that it was as I was having a top spec model, not sure I believe any of this!
I know it's only a car but I am really dissapointed, especially as I am driving to France at the end of September and was hoping to have the car by then! Oh well, I will just have to glean some enjoyment out of you guys getting delivery until then (he says through gritted teeth!)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

Sorry man, I feel your pain. Seeing this sort of thing come up quite a bit about delivery times. Just waiting on my dealer calling me and saying mines is pushed back to. I have an estimated delivery date of 25th October but not even heard anything about my build day, of course I haven't long ordered 26th July for mine.

-Sam

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I seem to remember Olivier saying the factory shuts down for the August holidays.

PS: It does sound like your dealer is giving you a fob-off. Mine came across from Calais to Sheerness at the weekend and I'm awaiting a call from him to say mine is in the showroom and I can go down to see it.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
155 Posts
My man is checking every few days, but still no build date for me. These things happen.

I'd rather wait months for a car that's popular because its so good, than have a crappy car tomorrow. I'm always telling the kids to be patient, time to practice what I preach!

·
Registered
162 Posts
T 10WE T, you are not alone. If you have not read it, read my saga here:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/so-frustrating_topic94.html

I would suggest the company you use never ordered one for you. The only reason I say that is that you ordered before me and I have been told by the Sales Manager at my dealer that had there not been a cock up with the ordering, I would have had my car by now. And I have been told the spec of the car has nothing to do with delivery times. I suspected this all along, despite being told otherwise. I mean, in these high tech days we live in it is just programming the computer at the start of the line and off pops the car the other end. I have seen the cars on the Mini line in Oxford and none look alike.

If they are just trying to source a car from those coming into the country then I can believe what they say. The Sales Manager spent Monday desperately trying to source me a car from dealers across the UK and there was nothing to be had. It is my understanding about 1500 were/are destined for the UK and there are very few 'spare ones' available.

Anyway, just to reassure you you are not alone!

Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did read your thread Trevor, I think the same thing has happened to me. It's hard for me to complain as I am getting it through a lease scheme at work. The dealer did ring me up at the end of June to confirm spec so you would assume it had been ordered. Need to find a spare minute to phone the lease company who I know, know there is a delay and haven't even had the courtesy to let update me! I don't mind the wait, as I say its just I was wanting it for my hols! Never mind, these things happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Problem for Peugeot is that some factory's close during August, so none are built in August. If no available build date before August then could possibly mean its another 12weeks, taking some orders to November. Peugeot release a daily stock report of all available cars across all the Peugeot dealers. A lot of dealers have 2008's, but they seem to be 1.2 Active's. I know people that have taken delivery of Allures and Felines within the last few weeks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Still waiting for mine.

Never mind, cos I've bought a Discovery to keep me occupied in the mean time. It was cheaper than speccing grip control, and 20 times more effective.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Indeed, a white one for the Woman. Doubt I'll drive it much myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts