Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one? I'm curious to know if there is work that needs to be done to allow the guard to be fitted to the car. In preparation for the cars arrival (when ever that is!) my partner has ordered a dog guard and the dealer wants to charge £50 for fitting

Sound valid?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Looks like there's a bracket either side to fit that holds the main guard.

£50 for fitting two small brackets seems OTT.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I ordered the load retaining net, which was a factory option, a very expensive one at £80. I wasn't sure whether this was going to be something that could be easily retrofitted, as I wasn't sure if there were fittings that had to be made in the factory. Judging by that picture there doesn't appear to be any fittings as standard.

£50 to fit the dog guard might be fair, it's difficult to tell. Basically that's less than an hour's labour isn't it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.

The issue for me is understanding if there needs to be additional work done to the car i.e. holes needs to be drilled to mount brackets or such like. If this is the case then I would understand the fitting charge. Have also ordered the bumper/sill protetctor and whilst I understand this is a simple 'peel and stick' job, no charge has been indicated to fit that.

EIther way after spending in excess of 15k on a car, getting charged another £50 seem to be taking the p***

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
As the dog guard is an after-market accessory albeit an OEM one, I would be tempted to fit it myself.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
For info; fitted prices for the Accessories are now included in the current Accessories brochure (this wasn't the case at some time in the past):

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/media/peugeot-2008-accessories-brochure.pdf

The fitted price for the Dog Guard is shown as £140 with the time to fit shown at 0.35 hours (20 minutes give or take a minute).

What's the supply only price?

My local dealer (Robins and Day) will only supply items at the full list price which essentially includes fitting. (I'm not even sure that there is a supply only price).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
For information; the fitted price and time to fit for accessories is now shown in the official accessories brochure (this wasn't always the case):

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/media/peugeot-2008-accessories-brochure.pdf

This shows the price for the dog guard to be £140 fitted, and a 20 minute fit (0.35 hours).
What is the supply only price? My local dealer (Robins and Day) will only charge full fitted price even for supply only items.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got the genuine dog guard and fitted it myself. It does involve drilling - while it's not difficult, one slip and you're in the sheet, so don't begrudge a dealer charging a fair chunk for a skilled and insured techie doing the job.

Btw, it's a Great bit of kit and fits the car perfectly- don't spend £15k or more on a 2008 only to skimp with some universal job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts