Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,Purchased a 2008 Active 1.4 HDI in May last year for my wife for round town and two to three regular 2hr trips a week for her work. Nowwife'sjob has been moved to 8 miles away (no distance for my job as well) and no long trips are requiredany more. I am concerned about the usage of the vehicle. Can you give me an idea what is required to keep the DP filter healthy ie. time, distance and speed. The 8 miles to work is not stop/start through a busy town, it is country roads and can be dual carriageway/motorway but only 10mins at top speed. We get out for a long trip but that can be only once of twice a month......depends??? Otherwise I am seriously looking at swapping it for the petrol version (9000miles on the clock at the moment), be a bit of a shame as I like thevehiclea lot. Naturally I could be losing some money here on the exchange or am I just panicking a bit too much. Have been doing a bit of research on the subject but wondered if anyone has any solid info, though will probably contact my local dealer at Leicester for advice. Any comments would be helpful and appreciated. Thks/rgds.

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; top: -100000px; left: -100000px; : transparent;">

·
Registered
540 Posts
thepillings said:
...or am I just panicking a bit too much.
Yes!

Seriously, 8 miles with some of it being on the open road will be fine. Our DS4 does 2 miles each way 5 days a week plus biffing about town for shopping, swimming lessons etc and only gets out at the weekend and not always every weekend and we've never had a hint of trouble (touch wood), I think people's DPF fear is exacerbated by a few horror stories mainly as a result of early remapped VAG products which seemed to trigger DPF issues.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi John,

As Frank says sometimes there can be an issue its all about heat.

Read below and you'll understand and it may well give you an idea on what happens and how you can avoid the issues of clogged DPF's.

http://www.oilem.com/dpf-cleaners-and-dpf-cleaning/

regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts