Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I know this has been discussed alot about the wheels peeling mine has now started on two of the wheels...
Shame as i think the wheels look good on the 2008.

So looking for ideas tbh. Do I get them re-done to original (if its possible but will they peel again?) or should i change the colour of them?

I have the 2008 in the banner picture above on the right, exact model i think...

Was thinking putting them all to black but not sure if that would make it look "weird"

Ideas anyone, cause i hate that the rest of the car is in top condition, for the wheels to let the look of the car down :-(

Or if you have changed your wheels to different colours pics would be appreciated....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Someone beside me has their’s powder coated gunmetal grey on a grey car (2018 Allure) at first I thought it looked stupid but the more I see it the more it looks ok.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had mine sorted out at least a year ago, and they are still as they should be. I personally don't like the look of them if black, or any other colour for that matter. Each to their own.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm getting alloy wheel peel on the rear drivers side wheel of my 2008 and it's three years old on 28th September. There is no damage to the alloy from kerbing etc but I think it's corrosion from all the salt grit they use on the motorways in winter as I mostly drive on motorways, just my thoughts.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The advantage of black alloys is, if they peel or scuff you can cover up invisibly with black nail varnish*.

In the same way that black leather scuffs can be covered with permanent black marker :)

Reminds me to get down to the £ shop before Halloween :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts